Dragados USA is seeking an Electrical Foreman to support the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel expansion project. Reporting to the Project Electrical Superintendent, this lead electrician role performs preventive maintenance, power installations and troubleshooting and repairs on equipment in the safest, most effective way possible to avoid downtime. We focused on three main areas:
• Heavy equipment for construction -We have a fleet onsite of large cranes and other lifting equipment, power-generators, pumps, ground movement equipment, tunneling, drilling equipment and pile driving equipment (DC Voltage)
• Ancillary Equipment -
- We have designed and manufactured custom made systems to support tunneling operation including (AC Voltage):
- Conveyor Belt System
- Bi-Component Batch Plant
- Bentonite Plant
- Polymer pump station
- Industrial Water System:
- Water Pump station
- Dewatering system
- Tunnel Ventilation System
- Air Compressed System
- Shaft Gantry Crane
- Water Treatment Plant
- Multiservice Tunnel Vehicles
• Tunnel Boring Machine -
- Earth Pressure Balance TBM 43.5' diameter from Herrenknecht, with 9,400hp, 181,458kN of thrust force and 46,183 kNm of nominal torque (AC and Medium Voltage).
- Assembly, install, repair, troubleshoot and support plant operations
- Perform routine and non-routine preventive maintenance as needed or identified
- Record, document and complete all supporting maintenance documents as needed
- Work with vendors and contractors as necessary to perform installation and maintenance work
- Converse with equipment operators to identify current or potential equipment maintenance requirements; monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and supervisor(s)
- Adhere to corporate and department safety guidelines, procedures and programs
- Attend to safety training classes to keep current
- Operate equipment only if trained and certified to operate (i.e. powder tools, manlifts, etc)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Foreman electrician background with a minimum of three (3) years' experience in industrial or heavy construction environment; mining or tunneling experience will be considered a plus
- Must have a valid license driver
- Experience working with hand tools, power tools and electronic test equipment
- Understand schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications
- Working knowledge of switchgear, motor control centers, AC motors, generators, machinery/mechanisms, frequency inverters, etc.
- Strong knowledge of job site safety
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork mentality
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a team to achieve results and meet project schedules
- Experience working with medium voltage is desired.
- Ability to work 10 hours per day, 50 hours per week, overtime as required, weekends and night shifts
- Ability to crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, able to routinely lift heavy objects, pushing and pulling object is required
- Ability to work in high, confined and hazardous spaces
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.