Support accounting processes for Industrial US, Distribution and International businesses including month-end close, account reconciliation support, reserve calculations, inventory substantiation, SOX compliance, internal & external audits, standard costing, and financial reporting.
• Assist in completion of month-end close process timely and accurately; support subsequent completion of account reconciliations.
• Analyze and remediate any inventory issues within the segment group (includes inventory in transit, SNI, WIP, and intercompany purchases).
• Monitor intercompany receivables and payables activities to avoid aging of these items.
• Estimate various month-end accruals and calculations including FOB destination, warranty reserve and freight accruals.
• Work closely with procurement team to analyze variance and establish effective costing.
• Prepare required monthly financial reporting.
• Complete any special assignments required to enhance business unit performance.
• Ensure SOX compliance and implement improvements to the control environment as needed.
• Perform various internal testing related to SOX procedures including test counts for the cycle count program.
• Work with internal and external auditors to ensure financial reporting and internal control compliance.
• Perform all other special assignments required to enhance business unit performance.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting or related specialty; CPA a plus
• Minimum 2+ years of accounting experience within a corporate or other operational setting and/or a Big 4 or other reputable public accounting firm
• In-depth understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and cost accounting
• Experience in establishing and enforcing internal controls within the accounting, order to cash, and inventory cycles
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software; experience in LN accounting system and HFM reporting system preferred
• Demonstrated financial analysis skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Personal characteristics should include: team oriented, flexible, ability to complete tasks accurately and timely, organized
• The ability to continually and constructively question and challenge the current practices and processes
Join the industry leader!
As part of the Snap-on team, you'll be joining an extraordinary company that has been the industry standard for over 100 years! We offer a substantial compensation and benefits package that includes: