This job has expired.
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic, and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is dedicated to delivering testing services that contribute to the health and safety of society and the planet, and to its corporate responsibility to protect the environment and ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion across the entire network of Eurofins companies.
Eurofins DQCI, LLCis a full-service environmental laboratory that has provided analytical chemistry and microbiological services to a diverse range of clients since 1943. Eurofins QC's analytical product array is focused on providing testing services that enable clients to meet their regulatory and monitoring requirements. Analytical data is produced within a quality system framework that provides clients with an accurate and representative portrayal of a sample's constituents. This data empowers them to make informed, confident decisions regarding future actions related to regulatory compliance requirements.
Eurofins DQCIis looking for a Field Services Technician/Supervisor in East Rutherford, NJ.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Directly supervise team of 3 to 4 field service technicians.
• Manage team weekly schedule; Assign work to team, maintaining oversight of assigned route/work by conducting spot checks, reviewing log books, auditing processes and schedules to ensure efficient coverage, on time service and top quality customer service.
• Manage team property book, maintaining accountability of assigned team equipment, track equipment maintenance, track equipment readiness/calibrations, and conducting regular inspections/inventories.
• Maintain assigned route (working supervisors); collect field samples at decentralized locations in assigned area of responsibility from various clients.
• Manage team administratively. Resolving basic HR/administrative issues such as approving time off, maintaining training records, writing coaching/disciplinary documentation, and maintaining a basic personnel file.
• Troubleshoot issues, both technical and administrative, for team solving problems at lowest possible level. Relay information or request for resources to Field Services Manager.
• Regularly transport, set up, utilize, troubleshoot and break down sample collection/monitoring equipment in support of assigned projects/customer accounts.
• Manage and track team training/certification records; coordinate training for new team members and recertification for existing team members.
• Communicate directly with customers providing clear and accurate information concerning their sample collection timeline and access requirements. Serve as liaison between field service team and client services as needed.
• Communicate with field services manager and laboratory staff, routinely sending timeline and sample/project updates throughout work day (Situation reports).
• Perform miscellaneous on-site testing when required, record all data, and complete/submit all required sample documents.
• Lead by example; Drive safely and observe all traffic laws. Maintain assigned vehicle according to company expectations for cleanliness and maintenance.
• Lead by example; Personally observe all OSHA safety requirements while adhering to the company health and safety policies; do not enter any confined space(s) without direct approval from upper management.
• Work assigned shift/hours in support of business needs maintaining flexibility to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays when requested.
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Supervisory experience leading teams of 5-10 technical professionals.
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills. Able to work with Laboratory Information Management System.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Able to implement/maintain resource management systems (Scheduling tools, inventory management, time management)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, customer service oriented; internal and external customers.
• Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time as well as be able to lift a 25-pound object from the floor to a shelf five feet high.
• Strong time management skills. Able to manage priorities as needs of the business evolve.
• Detail oriented with ability to learn new techniques, multi-task, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company standard operating policies.
• Experience with technical field equipment including, but not limited to, field measurement meters, well pumps, auto samplers, and tablets/software programs.
• Ideal candidate will have college credits in chemistry, earth sciences, environmental studies, or biology fields.
The company will provide all required training and a vehicle to selected applicants.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
• 2-3 years supervisory experience in field environment preferred but not required
• High school diploma or equivalent, with degree in environmental sciences, biology, chemistry or earth sciences strongly preferred
• Must have a valid driver's license and possess a clean driving record
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of East Rutherford, NJ are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our websitewww.eurofinsus.com.
We support your development! Do you feel you don't match 100% of the requirements? Don't hesitate to apply anyway! Eurofins companies are committed to supporting your career development.
We embrace diversity! Eurofins network of companies believe in strength and innovation through diversity, being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination against employees or applications based on gender identity and/or expression, race, nationality, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, and everything else that makes employees of Eurofins companies unique.
Sustainability matters to us! We are well on our way to achieving our objective of carbon neutrality by 2025, through a combination of emission reduction and compensation initiatives. We encourage our laboratory leaders to make sustainable changes at their local level, and in addition to their initiatives we also count on our dedicated carbon reduction team to help us to achieve this goal!
Find out more in our career page: https://careers.eurofins.com/
Company description: Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and Eurofins Scientific 2/2 March 2023 agroscience contract research services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 35 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 61,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of ca. 900 laboratories in 61 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2022, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in the US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants may be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment. In addition, certain positions require travel for which vaccination is required in accordance with Eurofins policy.
West Point, Pennsylvania
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago