Basic Job Functions:
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures. Attend safety meetings and participate in safety program.
- Operate heavy equipment of various sizes including cranes and loaders, etc.
- Duties include, but are not limited to: loading scrap material onto shredder feed conveyor, pushing shred pile up, moving material throughout the yard, and/or loading trucks and railcars, etc.
- Perform daily inspections on equipment reporting any defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Keep grounds clear of debris while maintaining safety standards.
- Operate small equipment such as a forklift or skid steer if needed.
- General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment throughout the yard.
- Effectively communicate over radio with teammates for traffic coordination, production, and safety procedures.
- Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other employees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to work 2nd shift. Hours 3:00 PM - 12:00 AM. (Shiftschedule can vary/change depending on facility needs).
- Minimum of 3-years previous heavy equipment operation in manufacturing environments, preferably in the scrap metal or construction industries.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operating principles, hazards and safety precautions as well as mechanical ability.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes of priority and complete job tasks safely and effectively without constant supervision.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Flexible to work overtime, off-hours, weekends, and holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.
- Bilingual preferred - Spanish.