Are you passionate about the environment and ready to join an inclusive workplace, committed to leading new ideas and pathways and to delivering value? If the answer is "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you.
Who are we? We are Montrose, a global environmental services provider offering environmental planning and permitting, measurement and analytical services, and environmental resiliency and sustainability solutions. Our qualified engineers, scientists, technicians, associates, and policy experts are proud of our collective expertise and the collaborative nature of our approach to helping clients. We strive to optimize environmental resiliency in a way that effectively complements our clients' decision-making and operations and efficiently fulfills their project requirements.
We have over 90 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia and are approaching 3500 employees - all ready to provide solutions for environmental needs.
The Environmental Engineering and Consulting team delivers solutions for complex environmental challenges using our regulatory expertise and implementing practical and cost-effective compliance management processes and programs. We address our clients' biggest concerns around permitting, ecoservices, assessment, and remediation.
Our highly trained and experienced engineers and scientists, environmental and remediation specialists, geologists, hydrogeologists, biologists, and environmental compliance specialists work with both public- and private-sector clients, delivering turnkey solutions.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Our Environmental Technician position is located in Northern California. This role is responsible for conducting a variety of environmental field services in the region.
As a key member of the Site Assessment and Remediation team, this role will be responsible for a full range of activities, including:
YOUR EXPERTISE AND SKILLS
- Groundwater monitoring
- Soil and soil vapor sampling
- Landfill monitoring and treatment system operations
- Remediation system monitoring operation and maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSWHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Education: High School diploma or Equivalent
- Mechanical abilities to operate monitoring equipment
- Ability to travel 1-2 days per week
- 40 hr. Hazwoper certification
- Environmental industry experience preferred
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Solid organization and time/project management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills must have legible handwriting
- Able to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities (i.e., self-starter, self-motivated)
- English language competency
As a key member of our Montrose team, you can expect:
- Mentorship and professional development resources to advance your career
- Direct exposure to our industry's leading experts who are solving the world's toughest environmental challenges
- An entrepreneurial environment where you can learn, thrive, and collaborate with talented colleagues
- Opportunities to engage and contribute to our Diversity, Fairness and Inclusion and Women Empowering Leadership employee resource groups
- Competitive compensation package: annual salary ranging from $14 to $30, *commensurate with accomplishments, performance, credentials, and geography
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 401k with a competitive 4% employer match
- Progressive vacation policies, company holidays, and paid parental leave benefits to ensure work/life balance
- A financial assistance program that supports peers in need, known as the Montrose Foundation
- Access to attractive student loan rates to optimize your student loan payoff plans
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or email@example.com for assistance.MAKE THE MOVE TO ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
We are a fast-paced, dynamic, and high-growth company. You will have the freedom to make decisions and be your own boss while receiving support from talented and knowledgeable colleagues and service providers.
Want to know more about how we can help you take your career to the next level? Visit us at montrose-env.com!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.