This job has expired.
The Co-Op student will be to assist technical team members in supporting the Industrial Business Groups (IBG) Water, Wastewater and Reuse facilities.
They will be involved in
- Process and safety reviews
- Data gathering
- Laboratory work
- Treatment system material and energy balance and performance validation
- Generation of procedures
- Expected to assist in training of operators and writing procedures at industrial water, wastewater, and/or reuse facilities
- And other aspects of overall process monitoring and optimization
- The job will be split between the office and IBG operating sites.
Ideally the Co-op would return to work with Veolia for each of their co-op work sessions.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and completed sophomore level courses
- Preferred majors include, but are not limited to Civil, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Be able to complete simple material and energy problems
- Perform basic laboratory analytical work
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Solid organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and yet work independently
- Strong people skills; ability to communicate at a variety of levels with people in the organization