Employee Health & Benefits Compliance Specialist
Seeking an experienced Compliance Specialist to ensure clients understand and comply with health and welfare plan legal and regulatory requirements, procedures, and policies. Duties include:
- Maintaining a strong knowledge and proficient understanding of health and welfare plan compliance landscape
- Delivering internal employee training on new and amended compliance matters
- Actively engaging with clients to provide information and support on health and welfare plan compliance requirements
- Documenting and evaluating all compliance activities
To be successful as a Compliance Specialist, you should be able to engage with clients, producers and internal account teams to provide forward thinking, strategic and proactive support. Our mission is simple: Make a positive difference through service to our clients, our community, our insurance company partners, and each other.
As of January 2020, Ironwood officially joined Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC (MMA), a subsidiary of Marsh, a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. MMA was established in 2008 as a separate operating subsidiary of Marsh Inc., primarily to serve the employee benefits and property/casualty needs of the mid-size employer market. Under the umbrella of Marsh, Inc. and the Marsh & McLennan Member Companies, we are recognized as the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser.
Your goals. Your ambitions. Your definition of success. At MMA, we believe nothing should stand in your way of making these a reality. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development opportunities, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
As a part of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in risk, strategy, and people, MMA colleagues are part of a network of resources and expertise that sets our organization apart from the competition.We will count on you to:
What you need to have:
- Consulting with the MMA Compliance COE and advising leadership, producers and account teams on compliance matters.
- Developing and providing employee training on compliance policies, practices, and reporting systems.
- Interacting directly with clients to present updates on compliance, helping them manage ongoing compliance requirements and addressing specific client related compliance questions.
- Drafting and sending email reminders to clients regarding regularly scheduled compliance requirements. Fielding questions and answers on these topics.
- Interacting with account teams to provide a general understanding of compliance topics.
- Understanding of benefit plans and the related compliance requirements including but not limited to HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA, Plan Documents, legislative regulations, ACA, state & federal requirements (i.e.: Mental Health Parity, Illinois Disclosure, Pharmacy Transparency, Affordability, TiC).
- Proactively identifying upcoming compliance needs and initiating the appropriate steps to support account teams and clients.
- Establishing ongoing communications with carriers and TPA's to identify their role in compliance tasks for communication back to account teams and clients.
- Maintaining records of compliance activities.
- Assisting clients with review & set up of Compliance Dashboard. Owning all aspects of this system; monitoring utilization and reporting back to clients and account teams.
- Supporting account teams with annual or bi-annual client compliance checklist. Facilitating any follow up activities to ensure clients meet all requirements.
What is in it for you?
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of experience in Employee Health and Benefits field
- Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP) preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of compliance preferred
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, procedures, and other relevant regulatory standards
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills
- Life & Health agents license or obtain within 90 days of employment
Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance benefits
- 401K and company match program
- Company-paid life and disability
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous paid time off programs
- Paid parental leave
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Volunteer paid time off (VTO)
- Career mobility
- Pet insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Employee networking groups
- Continuing education and training opportunities
MMA encourages all its colleagues to pursue dreams without limits. We promote curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams.
We further believe a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep colleagues engaged and productive including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. Our organization is no exception. MMA was named a 2021 Top Workplace for cultural excellence in the areas of professional development, DE&I practices, and employee well-being.'Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
At MMA, your future is limitless. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.