Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across the Midwest, Texas and Western United States. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Performs procedures involved with loading trucks, unloading railroad cars. Assists in the maintenance of terminal equipment and grounds. Works under close supervision with standard practice procedures and guidelines. Refers all problems to supervisor for guidance.
• Assures proper cement types are loaded into bulk trucks. (20%)
• Uses credit approval lists, cement inventory reports, and approved shipping instructions to determine if a customer's request for cement can be loaded. (5%)
• Maintains shipping logs, prepares bills of lading, and calculates split-load tonnages based on a trucker's instructions. (5%)
• Operates pneumatic and mechanical equipment for truck loading from computer console using programmed screens, keyboard and mouse. (20%)
• Performs daily activities associated with handling inquiries and orders for customers and sales personnel as specified by Terminal Manager or Senior Terminal Operator. (5%)
• Assures proper cement types are unloaded from railcars into designated silos, without contamination of cement types, using pneumatic and hydraulic railcar unloading equipment. (20%)
• May operate programmable hydraulic railcar indexer, compressors, and/or a cement bagger. (10%)
• Operates power sweeper, forklift truck and front-end loader. (10%)
• Performs general cleanup duties around loading area. (5%)
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills and understand warning labels, instructions and signs. (Required)
- Demonstrated customer service skills on a regular basis. (Required)
Additional Skills and Abilities
Ability to operate the loading systems used in loading trucks and railcars. (Required)
Ability to operate sweeper and general hand tools. (Required)
Must be able to calculate loads going into trucks by using general math calculations. (Required)
Must be proficient at database input and have the ability to use a computer. (Required)
Must be technically oriented in troubleshooting and repairing basic mechanical, pneumatic and minor electrical malfunctions. (Required)
Knowledge of terminal operation policies and procedures. Skill in using terminal equipment and computerized systems. (Required)
Ability to lift heavy materials weighing up to 80 pounds. Ability to operate all terminal equipment including railcar vibrators, silos and related equipment, switch engine, and rail cars. Ability to climb silo ladders up to 50-90 feet in height (as applicable for each terminal). (Required)
Two years mechanical maintenance experience preferred in similar or related industrial facility. Working knowledge of welding, cutting torch basics, and mechanics. Ability to operate mobile equipment such as a forklift, trucks, manlifts, and bobcat related equipment. Ability to install various types of equipment and machinery in the terminal.
- H.S. Diploma / GED (Required)
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2022
Nearest Major Market: Elko
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Electrical, Welding, Equipment Operator, Database, Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology
Saint Charles, Missouri
Posted about 10 hours ago
Posted about 10 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago