Are you looking for an opportunity with plenty of growth potential? Do you enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced, collaborative environment? Are you interested in working with the world's most innovative companies to create a more connected world?
Connecting Continents. Impacting Communities.
The backbone of the Internet is a series of high-tech subsea fiber optic cables deployed throughout the globe - SubCom has deployed over 50% of them. Our employees ensure data communications networks are engineered, manufactured, deployed, and maintained to the highest standards, enabling faster and more reliable connectivity to communities worldwide. Every member of the SubCom team plays a role in an end-to-end process that is critical to enterprises, governments, big cities, and rural towns.
We encourage, expect, and value creativity, thoughtful risk taking, openness to change, and diverse perspectives. Whether you're a seasoned applicant seeking a new and exciting challenge, or you're new to the workforce and looking for a flexible, rewarding, and fast-paced position with an innovative and stable organization (since 1953), SubCom has opportunities to advance your career.
SubCom is seeking an experienced Electro-Optic Test Software Engineer to join a multidisciplinary organization dedicated to the development, manufacture and deployment of high reliability transoceanic undersea communication systems. As an R&D Electro-Optics Engineer you will be an integral member of the new products development team bridging the space between prototype concepts and final delivery of products meeting requirements for the harsh undersea environment.
We seek candidates with the desire to learn, who want to be challenged, like to work hard and thrive in a working environment with similarly motivated people. Our ideal candidate is ambitious, self-directed, independent, possesses a wide variety of skills in the lab, and has demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner widely across diverse organizations to bring people together.
- During initial phases of product development, the candidate will collaborate with other design engineers in the laboratory to conceive, set-up and run experiments that verify new fiber optic amplifier and ROADM equipment designs and firmware operation. The candidate will then devise and refine accurate and reliable electro-optic test methods, test systems and procedures. This work will involve data acquisition equipment/platforms and test equipment and the development of software for test automation. Later in the design phase, the candidate will transfer new product test methods, software and certification requirements into our manufacturing center, while collaborating with production engineers to integrate new software routines with custom product solutions.
- Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related degree, or 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Able to clearly understand written test methods and translating them into modular test executables, to include robust exception handling
- Knowledge of object-oriented programing and ability to code with C/C++ in Linux environment.
- Experience in the development / use of socket based drivers.
- Comfortable working on makefiles
- Experience with virtual machines
- Experience with source control (we use sccs but subversion or git would be nice)
- Experience developing software that interfaces directly with equipment / hardware (as opposed to pure gui / web interface software)
- Experience with GPIB, Ethernet, RS-485, I2C command/control of both instrumentation & microprocessors.
- Knowledge of fiber optic amplifiers, ROADMs, lasers, communication systems,
- Hands-on experience with optical and electrical test methods, use of optical connectors, programmable optical power meters, attenuators, switches, optical spectrum analyzers, digital multi-meters, DAQs and oscilloscopes
- Ability to analyze measurement data to extract parameters and performance metrics.
- Familiarity with quality processes for developing, manufacturing and testing high reliability products including characterization and calibration processes, and error of measurement studies for test equipment,
- Ability to multitask, good organizational skills, computer literacy, and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a team environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation, planning, organization and facilitation skills
- Previous experience in developing test and measurement solutions for electrical and optical components or subsystems, qualifying new products or test systems for manufacture, supporting new product introduction to manufacturing, developing software interfaces for automated test equipment, debugging complex test systems, developing software in windows and/or Linux environments, use of C/C++, Matlab, LabView, LabWindows/CVI, TestStand, familiarity with Oracle, Jira, Aras are also strongly desirable capabilities.
- Occasional travel between our locations in Portsmouth, NH and Eatontown, NJ will be expected
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Candidates for positions with SubCom must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please be sure to attach a resume to your application. We are not able to consider applications without a resume. BENEFITS
SubCom offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to: competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance coverages, FSA, HSA, generous vacation, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and a 401(k) plan with generous company match. Additionally, some positions may be eligible for shift differential. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL EMPLOYER OPPORTUNITY
SubCom is committed to providing a work environment that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law or regulation. SUBCOM'S CORE VALUES
Quality - Accountability - Teamwork - Innovation
This job has expired.