Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is gathering resumes for an Electrical Engineer to support and willingness to lead projects in the offshore or onshore sector. This would be a mid to senior level position, and experience in a lead role would be a plus.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required
- Uses technical knowledge to perform engineering assignments (including more complex tasks) with some guidance and direction from more senior technical professionals. Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform tasks
- Develop select engineering deliverables including philosophies, reports, specifications, calculations, data sheets, and technical requisitions
- Design overall power systems and develop Electrical onelines, plan drawings, installation details, wiring diagrams and fabrication drawings
- Support project management personnel with regular reporting, scheduling, staffing planning and coordination
- Work collaboratively with the Electrical Design Team
Skills / Qualifications
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards applicable to the Oil & Gas/Refining industries, and experience supporting offshore/onshore projects
- Ability to discover issues and recommend solutions to technical and commercial issues uncovered during course of performing assignments
- Ability to use ETAP, SKM, or other power system study software
- Strong ethical standards. High level of awareness and commitment to safety in all aspects of daily work
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Highly motivated and demonstrates personal initiative. Possesses integrity, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and is dependable
- Accountable for results. Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of projects
- Team player that works well with supervisors, subordinates, peers and clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum ten years of electrical engineering experience within the utilities and/or oil and gas industries
- NCEES Engineer in Training / Professional Engineering License strongly preferred
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.