At Viral Vector Services we deliver, from process development through commercial supply, we offer the expertise and resources vital to help clients deliver innovative gene therapies. Placed in the forefront of our leading and groundbreaking Cell and Gene Therapy business we are enabling clients to cure genetic, rare, and otherwise untreatable diseases.
Will be primarily responsible to Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) at the VVS Cambridge, MA Location, as well as support EHS at the VVS Somerville, MA location.
How will you make an impact?
The EHS Specialist II is primarily responsible for supporting, developing, and implementing environmental, health and safety programs at the Cambridge and Somerville, MA location. The position will review key EHS processes for consistency and adherence to applicable laws, regulations, standards, and ordinances.
EHS is responsible for implementing programs and policies that align with all applicable local, state and federal rules and regulations. The EHS department promotes a safe and environmentally friendly work environment through the integration of beneficial programs, policies, and services. The group strives to promote a positive safety culture through communication, engagement, and continuous improvement.
What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Maintains an on-the-floor presence and provides technical assistance and advice to operations managers and employees regarding environmental health and safety issues.
- Provides direction to operational areas for to ensure proper onsite management and disposal of universal, hazardous, and biological waste.
- Obtaining and maintaining all EHS related permits
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, and local environmental regulations and permits at assigned site.
- Conducts environmental, health and safety audits.
- Carries out job hazard assessments and partners with key stakeholders.
- Ensures the communication of environmental health and safety matters at assigned sites.
- Participates in accident/incident investigations as required.
- Authoring site safety policies. Performing procedural document reviews to ensure EHS risks are adequately addressed.
- Partakes in the Site Safety Committee and engages with Safety Champions.
- Supports day-to-day operations as necessary.
- Manages Safety boards across the sites.
- Develop training programs to ensure employee knowledge and understanding of safety regulations and requirements.
- Providing training sessions and orientations to new employees
- Maintenance of regulatory paperwork for various agencies
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- BS in safety, science, or engineering-related field.
- 2-3 years of proven EHS experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology-related field.
- MA RCRA and DOT certifications
- Familiarity with regulations and interactions with various state and federal agencies including EPA, OSHA, DOT, MA DEP, MA DPH, and others.
- Knowledge of warehouse safety, powered industrial trucks, ergonomics, chemical and biological safety.
- Training and experience in incident command, emergency response, HAZMAT, first aid, RCRA, DOT or other relevant EHS topics.
- Experience in ISO EHS Management System implementation.
- Professional certification(s) such as CSP, CIH, or CHMM a plus, but not required.
Work Hours and Conditions
- Works independently under general supervision and direction. Work is reviewed solely for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy. Performs work that requires decision making and the consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion.
- Must possess knowledge and experience sufficient to allow interpretation of chemical compatibility, safety hazard, and other handling information found in safety data sheets (SDS).
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and diplomatically with individuals from multiple departments at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to balance working on multiple projects in parallel.
- Document work clearly, accurately, and in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Has good understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Flexible to meet changing demands to support site wide activities.
- Completes tasks where judgment is required in resolving complex problems or tasks.
- 8-5pm EST, Monday-Friday
- Overtime may be required under emergency situations or to meet project timeline and support site needs.
- Must be physically able to move between building, climb ladders, and lift and carry 45 pounds on a regular basis.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 130,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.