Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a great opportunity? Come join Wood as a Directional Driller in Midland. TX. The main responsibility is to plan, execute, and manage all phrases and aspects of a directional drilling job.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Coordinate directional tools, equipment, and logistics, related to directional project at rig/well site.
- Follow policies and procedures relating to directional operations.
- Maintain and verify rig/well site inventories of directional tools and ensure that adequate numbers of tools are available and meet predefined specifications.
- Responsible for the safety and security of all rental and any owned directional drilling equipment.
- Direct and supervise the drilling of straight, deviated and horizontal well intervals, make course corrections, and assist in achieving planned directional well profiles.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of directional drilling techniques used in the areas of operations.
- Initiate and maintain proper directional drilling procedures in both standard and non-standard situations.
- Solve directional drilling problems.
- Work to maximize drilling efficiency of directional assemblies/equipment by continually monitoring well conditions and operating paraments.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate submissions of all job-related documentation including Daily Reports, Motor Run Summaries, Transfer Tickets, Service Interruption Reports, and all Post Well Deliverables.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting on all directional related field incidents/failures through a Service Interruption Report (SIR). Provide operational details surrounding incident, suspected cause, pictures of equipment/assemblies involved and recommended actions to prevent recurrence.
Skills / Qualifications
- 10-15 years of experience.
- Provides oversight to professional and/or lead staff.
- Responsibilities may include several technical/functional areas.
- Resolves complex problems.
- Provides input to development of technical/functional strategies and ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives.
- Decisions are guided by functional objectives.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.