PED-WELLS CTR FOR PED RES (IN-WCPR-IUINA)
The Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research conducts basic science and translational research within the Department of Pediatrics at Indiana University School of Medicine. The Wells Center houses more than 200 faculty investigators, staff, and trainees seeking answers to the most pressing questions related to childhood illness.
With the collaboration between scientists and physicians, the center aims to increase knowledge of causes and mechanisms of serious pediatric diseases. Our goal is to develop innovative approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of sick children in Indiana and beyond.
- Analyzes awards to determine reporting requirements and sending reports and invoices.
- Requests or approves amendments to contract terms or contract extensions.
- Analyzes and determines cash needs for cost reimbursable grants to the various agencies and cash management.
- Closes out awards as appropriate.
- Provides financial monitoring and analysis of contracts and grants, and partners with Principal Investigator(s) to ensure expenses are being paid according to contract.
- Consults on and completes pre-award applications and participates in contract closeouts.
- Performs post-award accounting of more complex grants.
- Interprets regulations and guidelines of program funding for standard grants and prepares reports for grant agency.
- Evaluates contract compliance and advises others on contractual rights and obligation.
- Prepares bids or requests for proposals (RFPs), including specifications and requirements; negotiates contract terms and participates in the determination of acceptable bids.
- Ensures compliance with sponsor terms, university policy and procedures and federal regulations.
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered. Education beyond the minimum required may be substituted for work experience. Work experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted for education.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (or equivalent).
- 1 year of experience preparing and submitting grant proposals in a similar role at a university or hospital system.
- Experience with grants and awards administration or university or research policy and procedure.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONSPreferred
- Certified Research Administrator (CRA) certification upon date of hire.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Additional Information
$45,000 - $55,000 per year based on experience, skill level, education, and training. Work Location
This position is eligible to work a hybrid schedule (mix between remote and in-person work), subject to change in the future based on university policy and business needs. Benefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Core
Job Function: Research
Job Family: Research Administration
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.