Construction Project Manager - Multifamily Renovation / Redevelopment
We are searching for a Project Manager to join our construction management team. This role will be Remote (work from home) with frequent travel to job-sites within the DC / VA region.
At Fairfield, we are proud to be a leader in the multifamily housing industry. We are passionate about creating exceptional and luxurious apartment living. Among the most experienced multifamily companies, Fairfield has developed and acquired over 1000 communities since 1985. We are an award-winning company that proudly employs over 1,400 associates who are dedicated to serving our customers at our apartment communities located in over 30 markets nationwide.
We have a great opportunity for you to work side by side with our passionate, bright and highly experienced professionals in the Multifamily Housing industry.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree
- Certified in First Aid and CPR
- OSHA Certified
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- 7+ Years of commercial construction field in either new construction, renovation and rehab, commercial preferably in Multifamily
- Must display a positive and professional attitude at all times
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations, current building codes, contract documents, insurance and bonding concepts, etc..
- Estimating experience a plus.
- Strong Leadership Ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills to include, Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Timberline and Microsoft Project
- Ability to work long, unsupervised hours, including working during "off hours" and/or weekends
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions including rain events, extreme hot and cold
- Ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of renovation/construction
- Ensure project completion on-time and on-budget
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
Why consider us?
- Develop a construction schedule during the project planning phase
- Establish project objectives, policies and procedures within the boundaries of company policy (i.e,, project start-up meetings, project start-up information, progress meetings, etc.).
- Prepare and distribute bid packages to qualified vendors and conduct pre-bid meetings to those selected
- Negotiate final cost and scope of work for all subcontracts, change orders and purchase orders as required
- Direct the activities involved with the preparation of mock-ups
- Management, coordination, and inspection of contractor work while project is in progress and be able to contribute feedback that might make work safer, cheaper, cleaner, lower impact or any other way improve the operational success of the projects
- Familiarity with accepted buildings practices, materials and techniques, knowledge of common and general code requirements, ADA requirements, mechanical systems and components, permitting processes and requirements, market pricing and lien waivers.
- Strong ability to read and understand plans and specifications, comprehensive knowledge of commercial construction means, methods and "best" practices and related systems.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate/up to date project schedule, cost report, weekly reports and progress photos
- Regularly monitor field operations through site visits and inspections and scan jobsite for potential safety concerns.
- Work with superintendent to develop site logistics plan
- Act as liaison between Property Management and Construction Team
- Coordinate preparation and distribution of all project close-out materials including, but not limited to, warranty manuals and as-built drawings
- Coordinate, supervise and ensure completion of all Warranty issues after project completion through the approved warranty process
- Ensure accurate and timely final billings from subcontractors and collect all final lien waivers, warranties, as-builts, etc...
- Ability to assist Construction Manager on due diligence walks - assess property conditions, estimate repair and construction costs, mark-up site plans with work locations, creation of DD reports and projected budgets, assessment of landscape and drainage conditions, taking and publishing photos of work examples and written summaries of overall property
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package.
- Careers are made at Fairfield- We are committed to developing our staff through our robust in-person, online and social training. Promotions from within are encouraged.
- Environmentally Aware- Fairfield leads the industry through our Living Green Program and our LEED Certified communities.
- Award Winning- Fairfield is recognized for our customer service, training and professionalism.
- Cutting Edge Technology- Fairfield utilizes innovative property leasing and accounting software that maximizes productivity.
Estimated Rate of Pay:
$94,500.00 - $115,500.00
This position is exempt; the range above reflects annual salary.
The pay range displayed for this position is determined by skills and experience required, location and job complexity*. Potential job offers may vary based on the skills, education, and experience an individual candidate holds. This range reflects base rate only, and does not include allowances, perks, commissions or bonuses applicable to this position (if any). In addition to base salary, Fairfield offers all full time associates the following, upon meeting eligibility requirements:
- Paid time off, paid holidays and sick days, paid time off for volunteering activities (optional)
- Matched 401(k)
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
* Pay range is a calculation based on a midpoint price. Fairfield complies with all wage and hour laws, including minimum wage and salary exempt requirements.
This job has expired.