The Communications Engineer provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the operation and maintenance of multiple system environments. They perform difficult research, design, and systems engineering assignments and respond to system management alerts to handle system/operations exceptions within the assigned enterprise systems of product offerings. This position is also responsible for triage change management support.
- Diagnose system performance problems with application programs, common system, or systematic questioning techniques, dumps, traces, or other diagnostics aids
- Configure controls; install or troubleshoot programs within multiple system environments
- Install program products and system components or aid in the installation by end-users
- Recommend and change system parameters or configuration variables to improve overall system performance (e.g., Telephony, CRM, Support Tools, etc.)
- Work closely with development groups, support groups, and vendors to coordinate special operations and communicate/escalate problems as appropriate to meet assigned deadlines
- Assist in daily support of the systems/products assigned through early detection and pursuit or changes in system responses or operation
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills in multiple operating environments to support assignments involving the execution of a series of related task
- Perform online system functions to assist with tasks encountered in the execution of daily responsibilities such as utility functions and editing of files
- Develop lists/scripts for execution of commonly used processes and automation of simple tasks
- Proper management and implementation of team changes and service requests
- Proper creation, execution, documentation, and closure of tasks, changes, and requests.
- All other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all system components and of program products assigned to support
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 3 years of experience in an IT support environment with technical knowledge in distributed technologies and systems development
- 2 years of experience leading projects with or without direct reports
- Understanding of infrastructure engineering experience working across multiple domains, platforms, or specialty areas
- AWS or a similar cloud platform
- Change management
- Understanding of storage systems, Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, and Windows infrastructure
- Program installation and troubleshooting with understanding of system and problem management tools and problem-solving
- Knowledge of virtual server environments
- Knowledge of scripts for automation
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.