Commercial Construction Assistant Project Manager
An Assistant Project Manager (APM) obtains, evaluates, coordinates and distributes the information and authorizations necessary to construct projects on time, within budget and to the quality specified. The APM is responsible to protect and promote the interest of both the business and client in all matters as well as demonstrate the personal characteristics of a beginner-level leader. While learning paths, growth and promotional opportunity vary, most team members are APMs for two to six years.
- Maintain adherence to HITT's standards of safety
- Ensure that required documentation is filed
- Assist in creating and managing project budget for all assigned projects
- Develop pre-construction RFP package
- Assist in conducting project meetings, setting milestones and formulating monthly owner report
- Establish job processes (RFIs, submittals, and pay applications) including approving pay applications and negotiating subcontract change orders
- Update project schedule; ensure project quality control and establish overall project logistics
- Assist in managing the closeout process
- Collaborate with the project superintendent and site operations team throughout the life of the project
- High school diploma required, four-year degree from an accredited university with a concentration in construction, engineering, or business is strongly preferred
- In lieu of a degree, additional work experience is acceptable
- 2-5 years' experience in commercial construction, including experience with a commercial general contractor
- Previous experience on commercial job sites strongly preferred
- Passion for construction and our industry; ability to recognize and seek quality
- Ability to master sector/project-specific software systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite (ex. Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.), ProCore, Adobe, BlueBeam, JD Edwards
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to:
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, with a strong focus on audience appropriate business writing and verbal skills
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and passion for construction and our industry
- Gather data, interpret it into meaningful information, and relay that information through clear, concise communication strategies; ability to see how pieces and processes fit into and affect the bigger picture/business model
- Organize and manage tasks and priorities
- Demonstrate integrity consistently with The HITT Way and HITT's core values
- Seek continuous improvement of knowledge and abilities, internal focus on self-improvement
- Adapt and exercise flexibility with the ever-changing world of technology, design, means and methods
- Collaborate with people of various backgrounds and styles
- Create and maintain relationships with colleagues, clients, subcontractors, and vendors
- Exhibit respectfulness by being punctual, engaged/focused, and respectful of others
In accordance with the Washington Equal Pay and Opportunity Act, section RCW 49.58.110, the base salary range for this position is $90,000-$125,000. Compensation in other cities and states may vary. HITT Contracting offers a competitive total benefits and compensation package including performance-based bonuses, premium health care coverage including vision and dental, employer-matched 401(k), wellness reimbursement program, paid holidays and time-off, and other voluntary benefits and leave types. The determination of salary is based on the candidate's individual professional experience, qualifications, education, skills, and training.
HITT Contracting, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer providing opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
HITT Contracting, Inc. promotes a drug-free workplace.