Come join our awesome team as a Caregiver at The homestead at Maplewood!
We are offering a generous retention incentives of $3,000.00 for part time!
Wage range- $18.00 up to $21.00 We have a PIL benefit that could increase wage up to 18%
Available shifts- Weekends
The Homestead at Maplewood is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
• Generous "refer a friend" bonuses
• 403(b) Retirement Plan;
• Career scholarships;
• Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
About the job:
The Caregiver role is to ensure that our residents receive daily nursing care and activities of daily living.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living.
- Administer medications and treatments.
- Documentation of cares given and pertinent observations. Reports any observations to the nurse.
- Assists with ambulation, transfers and exercise.
- Reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy.
The Homestead at Maplewood is a senior living and assisted living community situated in Maplewood, Minnesota, just a few minutes away from St Paul and Minneapolis, MN, the "Twin Cities". At the core of our community, we emphasize the importance of compassion, empathy, and personal attention when it comes to providing our senior residents with the care and friendliness they deserve. We treat our staff like family, and are passionate about providing them with the resources they need to give residents a place they can call home.Required qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year's experience in working with the frail or elderly population.
At VOANS, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.
Volunteers of America National Services requires COVID vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. We care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we work alongside, and for those we serve. We have a formal process for, and do consider religious and/or medical requests for exceptions.