Are you looking for an opportunity with plenty of growth potential? Do you enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced, collaborative environment? Are you interested in working with the world's most innovative companies to create a more connected world?
Connecting Continents. Impacting Communities.
The backbone of the Internet is a series of high-tech subsea fiber optic cables deployed throughout the globe - SubCom has deployed over 50% of them. Our employees ensure data communications networks are engineered, manufactured, deployed, and maintained to the highest standards, enabling faster and more reliable connectivity to communities worldwide. Every member of the SubCom team plays a role in an end-to-end process that is critical to enterprises, governments, big cities, and rural towns.
We encourage, expect, and value creativity, thoughtful risk taking, openness to change, and diverse perspectives. Whether you're a seasoned applicant seeking a new and exciting challenge, or you're new to the workforce and looking for a flexible, rewarding, and fast-paced position with an innovative and stable organization (since 1953), SubCom has opportunities to advance your career.
- Assists with engineering and implementation of deep sea installations
- Works as a member of a team on activities associated with the installation of submarine cable systems
- Assists supervising engineer with vessel loading
- Writes methods of procedure for installation and loading activities
- Interface with customers
- Assists with internal and external training support as necessary
- Interface with all Marine Services functional engineering groups, Project Management, R&D, Newington Cable Factory, Cable Ships & Depots and external contractors
- Charting and mapping skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong communication, technical writing, computer, organization and interpersonal skills
- BA/BS Engineering preferred
- SubCom is committed to providing a work environment that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law or regulation.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Candidates for positions with SubCom must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please be sure to attach a resume to your application. We are not able to consider applications without a resume. Benefits
SubCom offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to: competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance coverages, FSA, HSA, generous vacation, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and a 401(k) plan with generous company match. Additionally, some positions may be eligible for shift differential. Affirmative Action / Equal Employer Opportunity
SubCom is committed to providing a work environment that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law or regulation. SubCom's Core Values
Quality - Accountability - Teamwork - Innovation
This job has expired.