Insmed is a global biopharmaceutical company on a mission to transform the lives of patients living with serious and rare diseases. Our most valuable resource is our employees, and everything we do is motivated by a patients-first mentality. We are dedicated to growing our team with talented individuals from around the world who are willing to challenge the status quo, solve problems, and work collaboratively with a sense of urgency and compassion.
Guided by our core values of collaboration, accountability, passion, respect, and integrity, we aim to foster an inclusive, diverse, and flexible work environment, where our employees are recognized for leaning in and rolling up their sleeves. If you share our vision and want to work with the most dedicated people in the biopharma industry, come to Insmed to accelerate your career.
Named Science's Top Employer in 2021, 2022, and 2023
Insmed is dedicated to creating a collaborative environment where our team can thrive. Every day, our employees turn their passion for science and research into innovative solutions for patients. That's why we were named the No. 1 company to work for in the biopharma industry in Science's Top Employers Survey for two years in a row.
A Certified Great Place to Work
We believe our company is truly special, and our employees agree. In July 2023, we became Great Place to Work-certified in the U.S. for the third year in a row. We are also honored to have been listed on the Best Workplaces in Biopharma™, Best Workplaces in New York™, and Best Workplaces for Millennials™ lists.
At Insmed, we are working to become a trusted resource for clinicians, payors, policy makers, community representatives and the broader scientific community in rare/orphan diseases. We are looking for authentic and experienced Therapeutic Specialists with demonstrated success in new product launches, market development, accessing difficult accounts and are committed to our mission to transform the lives of patients. We expect all prospective employees to consistently hold our company's core values of PASSION, COLLABORATION, INTEGRITY, RESPECT and ACCOUNTABILITY to the highest standards.
The Therapeutic Specialist will possess a high clinical aptitude and seasoned rare diseases selling experience to ensure the voice of key stakeholders, who care for and support patients, are clearly communicated throughout the company. Along with executing all promotional activity in their geography; they will have a key role in developing and executing the commercial strategy; strategically working with cross functional leadership; accurately analyzing key business drivers and trends; building effective cross-functional and cross-regional partnerships; and ensuring execution of their business plan. The position requires adaptability and the capacity to 'own' tasks, problem solve and to see projects through to their end in a flexible, compliant, and innovative manner.
THIS POSITION IS A FIELD-BASED ROLE AND WILL COVER EDISON NJ.
- Execute local market sales plan with specific goals and targets for the successful sales growth of ARIKAYCE®
- Demonstrate high performance - driven by common values of trust, respect, and commitment to winning the right way (culture of compliance)
- Foster an entrepreneurial spirit with a focus on ownership and accountability to maximize individual and Company goals, establishes open and honest communication with peers and senior leadership
- Contribute to the development and implementation of key sales enablers, in collaboration with internal and external partners:
- Customer Targeting & Sales Territory/Region/Area Alignment
- Local market plan development at the territory level
- Maintain exceptional knowledge of disease state, product, customer, orphan / rare drug market, competitive products, and the broader healthcare marketplace
- Establish appropriate strong business relationships with key customers and Centers of Excellence within local market
- Identify and establish appropriate strong business relationships with emerging HCP experts and customers; demonstrated ability to recognize and devote the necessary amount of time and resources needed to engage with HCPs
- Collaborate with cross functional Insmed field leaders (Market Access, Patient Support) to achieve shared business objectives in a compliant manner
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Insmed product, customer base (HCP), business strategy and competitive environment; stay abreast of key market access issues/trends
- Perform all Company business in accordance with all regulations and Company policy and procedures
- Demonstrate high ethical and performance standards with all business contacts to maintain Insmed's exceptional reputation
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of biotech/pharma product promotion required. Must have experience successfully launching biotech/pharma products with a proven track record of success in exceeding goals.
- Rare/Orphan disease marketplace experience preferred
- Strong business partnerships in the Pulmonary and/or Infectious Disease community desired
- Direct experience working compliantly with patient support models
- Strong analytical skills with the proven ability to effectively analyze data to appropriately integrate into strategic planning
- Demonstrated business acumen and a track record of accountability in exceeding territory results.
- Customer relationships, interpersonal and communication skills with the established ability to effectively work with diverse audiences and influence cross functionally
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment
- Successful product launch experience required
- Proven record of success through teamwork and execution
- High learning agility
- Demonstrated scientific acumen
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM)
- Travel - Approximately 80% local travel and will intensify during launch periods
- Must successfully exhibit Insmed's five (5) core corporate competencies of: PASSION, COLLABORATION, INTEGRITY, RESPECT and ACCOUNTABILITY; along with any other position specific competencies
- Individuals must demonstrate the ability to interact successfully in a dynamic and culturally diverse workplace
Up to 80% travel. Salary Range
Insmed takes into consideration a combination of candidate's education, training, and experience as well as the position's scope and complexity, the discretion and latitude required in the role, and external market and internal value when determining a salary level for potential new employees.
The base salary range for this job is from $130,000.00 to $170,000.00 per year Compensation & Benefits
We're committed to investing in every team member's total well-being, now and in the future. We offer a competitive total-rewards package to all employees around the world, including:
ADDITIONAL U.S. BENEFITS:
- Flexible approach to where and how we work
- Competitive compensation package including bonus.
- Stock options and RSU awards
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Professional Judgment Vacation Policy
- 11 paid holidays per year and Winter Break (typically between Christmas and New Year's Day).
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-provided short- and long-term disability plans
- Company-provided life insurance
- Unique offerings of pet, legal, and supplemental life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- Accident and Hospital Indemnity plans
- Supplemental AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mental Health on-line digital resource
- On-site, no-cost fitness center at our U.S. headquarters
- Paid time off to volunteer
Insmed Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Unsolicited resumes from agencies should not be forwarded to Insmed. Insmed will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes through this source. Insmed will only pay a fee to agencies if a formal agreement between Insmed and the agency has been established. The Human Resources department is responsible for all recruitment activities; please contact us directly to be considered for a formal agreement.
Please note that we review every submission, and we will keep all submissions on file for six months.
This job has expired.