At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
The Associate Director, Immuno-Oncology Marketing - Lung will develop and drive a robust commercial strategy in one of our lung indications. This role will develop and implement of marketing plans inclusive of building new capabilities as needed in the US. You will work collaboratively with cross functional partners to develop robust market shaping activities for commercial success. You will be required to lead and collaborate with both internal and external customers.
This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus (Washington, DC Metro area), headquarters for our US Oncology and the Oncology Business Unit, and will work predominately on site.
- Develop brand strategic plans and priorities for assigned indication(s) with key market shaping activities to ensure brand success/launch readiness
- Collaborate with peer indication leads in early lung cancer to ensure strategic alignment and execution
- Collaborate closely with and provide direction to cross-functional partners (e.g. Customer Disease Strategy, Insights & Analytics, Market Access, Medical, Sales, Training, Corporate Affairs, Consumer) for the development and implementation of both strategic and operational plans
- Develop and deliver key brand presentations to leadership
- Lead agency relationships, workflow, and commercial budget
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 5+ years' confirmed experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: managed markets, brand marketing, sales, market research/analytics, planning
- Prior in-line HCP marketing experience
- Experience building and integrating new capabilities that are relevant for brand success
- Advanced degree (Master's or higher) in Life Science, MBA, Medical, or Pharmacy
- Oncology experience highly preferred
- Understanding of U.S. Oncology landscape including Community oncology and Hospital oncology dynamics, GPOs, Payer landscape, Specialty Pharmacy partners
- In-depth Marketing experience (developing brand strategy, performing positioning, messaging, segmentation, targeting, leading ad agency, providing direction on annual budget planning)
- Experience across multiple promotional channels (Personal, Non-Personal and Digital, Patient marketing)
- Launch experience
- Customer-facing experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to clearly and concisely communicate sophisticated constructs
- Ability to lead sophisticated projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in matrixed environment and with Global teams
- Strong intuition for business
- Experience leading without authority
- High capability at working collaboratively, thinking strategically and operating in a constantly evolving and competitive marketplace
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting-edge methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.