The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager for the Adult Acute Internal Medicine Unit (4/5 South) to perform specific tasks to assist members of the Nursing team in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager.
The Adult Acute Internal Medicine Units are both 13-bed general medicine inpatient units that serves a variety of patients. The unit is designed to provide high quality, personalized care for patients. We are pleased that we are able to provide our patients with private rooms, granting them the quite atmosphere to rest and heal.
We Treat Diseases and Disorders from the Following Body Systems, Including but Not Limited to:
We use a multidisciplinary approach to patient care that is patient centered and encourages teamwork between nursing staff, physicians, therapy teams, social work, care coordination, and pharmacists.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®Percent of Time: 100% Schedule:
40 hours per week, M-F, rotating weekend call, rotating holiday coverage Location:
General Hospital Rotations:
Must be flexible to meet unit needs P&S Pay Plan: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/professional-and-scientific-pay-structure Benefits Highlights:
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans - click here for more information
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
- Hear what our staff has to say about our division here
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is required
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by date of hire.
- 1+ years of current critical care experience with demonstrated skills in leadership/management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with computer software applications (such as Microsoft programs)
- Demonstrates time management, organization of workload, delegation, attention to detail, and thoroughness
- Collaborates and develops effective interpersonal relationships with nursing staff, medical staff, interdisciplinary teams, and other hospital departments
- Demonstrates effective teaching skills for staff and patient education
- Demonstrates appreciation for diversity with an understanding of benefits of a diverse workforce (stimulation, challenge, and energy that contributes to a productive and effective workplace)
- Knowledge of UI and UIHC policies, procedures and regulations
- Experience working in large academic medical center
- Experience working in a union environment
A resume is required as part of the application process. Successful candidates will be required to self-disclose any conviction history and will be subject to a criminal background check and credential/education verification. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process. For questions or additional information, please contact Kyle Fountain at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Assistant Nurse Manager
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Kyle Fountain
- Contact Email: email@example.com