Position: Assistant Controller
Location: 2440 Sheridan Dr. Tonawanda, NY
What We Are Looking For
The Assistant Controller is the lead for performing complex accounting activities to record, analyze and monitor financial information over multiple divisions of the company. The Assistant Controller oversees KPI reporting, financial planning and analysis, and preparation of the consolidated financial reports in a manner that ensures accuracy and compliance with company accounting policies. This role will focus on accounting efforts of newer and emerging businesses which will require the Assistant Controller to develop new and enhance existing accounting processes and controls. This position acts as a key liaison between operational business heads, senior management, and shared services staff.
What You Will Do
- Together with a team of senior and staff accountants, be responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement close and consolidation.
- Communicate financial analyses and reports with senior management.
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasts for multiple business divisions.
- Analyze budget to actual variances and communicate results with senior and executive management.
- Lead monthly financial meetings for discussion and review of monthly financial reports.
- Provide guidance and training to Accounting personnel for proper internal and external financial accounting procedures and their application.
- Lead annual audit preparations and investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Monitor the maintenance and application of internal controls.
- Development new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Ability to train personnel on systems and processes.
- Complete due diligence work for potential acquisitions.
- Act as internal accounting/finance consultant for business operations managers and IT.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or related field, CPA required.
- 10 years of accounting experience.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles
- Must have a strong work ethic; do what is required to meet deadlines.
- Must be team-oriented and able to fulfill and adapt to the requests of our internal and external customers.
- Ability to interface and communicate ideas effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks demanding of immediate attention, and to juggle multiple, on-going, concurrent responsibilities.
- Ability to work efficiently and maximize productivity.
- Commitment to integrity and ethical behavior and the proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Expertise in the following computer programs: MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Experience with Microsoft Navision a plus.
What We Offer
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times
- Generous medical insurance offerings
- Dental and vision plans
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Health savings accounts
- Vacation and NOCO Time
- Employee and family assistance program
- Company-paid training
- Safety incentives
- Years of service incentives