Best Buddies International is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, leadership development, and inclusive living for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
Best Buddies is the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our programs empower the special abilities of people with IDD by helping them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy, and communication skills, and feel valued by society.
Organization: Best Buddies International
Job Title: Area Director (Austin, TX)
Reports to: Linda Kordek-Milton
Direct Reports: None
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications
Area Director Job Responsibilities:
- Secure funding for programs and special projects
- Manage and oversee two key Special Events,
- Collaborate with State Director to develop and implement a comprehensive local strategy for securing sustainable funding and works with local staff, Advisory Boards, and volunteers on its implementation
- Manage local Advisory Board(s) and associated committees
- Attend all National conferences
- Develop and implement major fundraising events to meet revenue goals by working with local event committees while following BBI event committee benchmarks/structure
- Collaborate with State Director to develop, monitor and balance the regional budget
- Assume overall operational management responsibility for all regional fundraising activities
- Develop and implement an annual area plan in local office(s)
- Ensure that program participants and staff are appropriately integrated into regional fundraising/awareness efforts
- Create brand awareness for Best Buddies
- Oversee timely and accurate processing of all revenue and invoices, and maintain accurate records of al donations and donor information.
Perks and Benefits
- Concrete experience in fundraisingincluding a record of success in expanding a donor base through cultivation and stewardship, grant writing, event planning/implementation, and/or board management
Strong talent-building and team-building skills
Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must be comfortable engaging with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD)
- Strong project management skills
- Must travel, use personal cell phone, and work evenings and weekends as necessary in order to accomplish job responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 4 years relevant experience
- Access to an automobile with applicable insurance
- Some travel required to National Conferences
- Generous vacation, holiday, PTO and staff appreciation days
- Cellphone Reimbursement
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Health, Dental, Vision, Medical and Dependent Care FSA
- Memberships including Class Pass, Headspace and Better Help
- Pet benefits
Please apply via Best Buddies Career Opportunities: https://www.bestbuddies.org/about-us/career-opportunities/
Best Buddies® is an affirmative action employer, in addition to an EOE and M/F/V/PWD/PV employer. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are foundational to Best Buddies International’s core values and help the organization continue to achieve its mission. Here at Best Buddies, our goal is to lead and advocate for a more inclusive world.
Best Buddies offers a comprehensive and generous benefits program that include financial security, health and wellness and time off.
This job has expired.