Absorption Systems, a Pharmaron Company, is looking to hire an Animal Care Technician to provide husbandry and animal care to laboratory animals (rodents, rabbits, dogs, pigs, and other animals as needed) in conventional, immunocompromised, and BSLII laboratory areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Husbandry Technician will perform, but not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Perform animal observations; provide care and husbandry services.
- Observe, record, and report atypical findings of the environment and animal's health. Immediately reports such matters to the Vivarium Manager.
- Handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of laboratory animals., This includes providing clean food, water, and bedding; as well as provides assistance to investigators, and CRO areas in experimental procedures and post-operative care.
- Maintains animal room records; e.g. census, sanitation, environmental monitoring, enrichment, feeding, and cage card animal identification.
- Receive animals (e.g., general health observation, sexing, and identification).
- Provide daily reports of the general condition of the facility with respect to safety, sanitation, equipment operation, and maintenance, as well as environmental monitoring of the assigned areas.
- Operate and maintain animal care equipment, including the washing, cleaning, and autoclaving of cages.
- Ensure that animal populations are treated humanely.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.
Education and Experience:
- Some prior applicable experience and proficiency in English.
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand light to moderately complex SOPs and protocols. Documentation of such data must be legible.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as well as provide comprehensive (24-hour a day/7 days a week) after hours and on-call coverage.
- Work in moderate to high noise level environment and perform repetitive tasks such as walking bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Occasional local travel may be required.
- High School Diploma is a minimum requirement.
- 6 months prior experience is desirable.
- Experience in a laboratory setting desired.
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include the following:
About Absorption Systems, a Pharmaron Company
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Health Reimbursement Account Funded by Employer
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Life and AD&D Insurance 100% Employer Paid
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance for Employee, Spouse & Child(ren)
- Short and Long Term Disability 100% Employer Paid
- 401k with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situ and in vivo models to assess the properties in question. The company's mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.
Absorption Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.