Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 900 laboratories across 50countries and about 55,000 staff.
If you're seeking to become engaged in purposeful work that will have a far-reaching impact, Eurofins Agroscience Services (EAS) provides the environment you're looking for. With more than 50 years' experience in the crop protection industry, EAS offers a unique portfolio of expertise, providing extensive laboratory and field support across multiple industries including agrochemical, biopesticide, pharmaceutical, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
When you join the EAS Group, you'll become part a network of laboratories that prioritizes the execution of top-tier scientific studies. With access to specialized equipment and best-in-class instrumentation, you will collaborate with a team of highly trained scientists and study directors to rapidly build upon your existing skills set.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is searching for a Summer Intern, Research Technician to work in Mebane, NC.
Summer Intern - Research Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
We are looking for individuals that are interested in laboratory and field research in Entomology and Ecotoxicology including agricultural and urban pests. Most of the trials will be conducted under Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) procedures. This temporary intern position is designed to provide an environment to develop qualified individuals and to complete our demanding research goals. Successful candidates will be essential participants in all aspects of trial work for which, appropriate training will be provided. This internship program was developed as a feeder system for future Eurofins employees. This internship is a great opportunity to obtain experience for people interested in a career in Entomology and/or Agronomy.
QualificationsThe ideal candidate would possess:
- At least 40 hours per week; domestic travels, overtime and weekend work will be required during busy season
- Preferred employment dates: midMay to late August/early September
- Depending on area of assignment work will include:Operation of farm equipment; laboratory or field duties; insect rearing; honey bee handling; plant and cultivation of crops under field and greenhouse conditions; working with agrichemicals and station maintenance
- Training provided to conduct: Research compliant with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) requirements, honey bee research, and efficacy studies, pest management, public health pest control
- Individual summer research projects are available
- Based on performance, return employment is possible
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Good academic standing with freshman - senior status
- Ability to pay attention to details, work independently and efficiently
- Background in Entomology, Agronomy, Ecotoxicology or Biology is helpful, but not required
- Experience with pollinator research or urban pest management is a plus
- Able to operate and maintain farm equipment is helpful, but not required.
- Experience with irrigation system is helpful, but not required.
- Valid driving license
- Required to frequently stand; walk; and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Assistance should be sought for a weight over amount employee is physically able to carry.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, temporary through the summer;Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week, with overtime as needed. Hours may vary. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Mebane, NC are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
www.eurofinsus.com.What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.Your data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Videos To Watch
This job has expired.