Administrative Specialist - 501078
The Administrative Specialist works with the Executive Director of the Modlin Center for the Arts to manage the daily operations within the Modlin Center for the Arts coordinating with academic departments and interdisciplinary programs. This position is a primary liaison and point of contact for a full range of constituencies including faculty, staff, artists, patrons, donors, parents, and students. This includes serving as a key member of the planning team for performances and programs, playing a key role in budget planning, ensuring smooth daily operations and building maintenance, coordinating internal and external communications and outreach.
Budgets and Administration:
Modlin Operations and Events:
- Build and maintain an intermediate understanding of University policies, procedures, and guidelines; apply and communicate University policies, procedures, and guidelines to faculty and staff within Modlin
- Maintain comprehensive accounting and financial records in order to provide senior management with an accurate, timely, and complete analysis of Modlin's budget
- Monitor and reconcile monthly budgets and credit card purchases, including accounting files for all Modlin accounts, grants, and endowments; prepare check requests, journal vouchers and invoices
- Propose annual expenditures and capital improvements to the Executive Director
- Coordinate with University Accounting ensuring Center compliance with PCI requirements for credit card transactions supporting ticketing, concessions, and merchandise sales
- Perform office administrative duties including, but not limited to: prepare agendas and announcements for meetings, record minutes and maintain all meeting records; assist with hotel and travel arrangements for artists, Executive Director, visitors, and staff searches; coordinate hiring and payroll administration of student employees; purchase and maintain office supplies
Communications and Outreach:
- Assist with, execute, and manage events to include: making reservations, selecting menu, operating within budgets, creating, preparing & sending invitations, tracking and following up with RSVP's, maintaining files on processes, tracking budgets and expenses associated with each event, attend events, if needed, to ensure smooth operations
- Assist in ensuring compliance with Virginia ABC policies and compliances on concessions sales coordinating with University Catering.
- Assist in supporting overall logistics of visiting artists ensuring positive experiences of Modlin and University ofRichmond
- Enter contract data into ESM (contract management system) as needed
- Serve in support/back-up capacity with Box Office operations and staff scheduling
- Assist with Modlin newsletters, mailings, and campus and community communications
- Assist Executive Director in managing Modlin Center donor relations and development initiatives, coordinating with University Advancement
- Serve as point of contact for Modlin: field phone calls, greet visitors, and provide information; coordinate building tours as requested; address questions about performances, artist residencies, and Modlin academic partner departments and programs
- Assist with planning and execution of campus/community engagement initiatives and activities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively in a collaborative, group environment
- Organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Computer and internet literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Understanding of website management and knowledge of UR software (Blackboard, Cascade, Banner and/or Banner Web), though not required, is a plus
- Excellent customer service skills to professionally represent the University to the public, the campus, patrons, and University stakeholders.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred, other relevant experience will be considered
- Two to four years of administrative support experience is desired
- Work in a university environment preferred
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week; Occasional evening and weekend hours depending on performance schedule.
Pay Grade 5 (Hiring Range $18.24 to $24.17) COVID-19:
The University of Richmond requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff. The University allows exemptions to this requirement for religious, medical and strong personal conviction reasons. All newly hired employees must report their status within the first two weeks of employment. ABOUT UR
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond ( www.richmond.edu ) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE