Reporting to the Mill Controller, this position has responsibility for supervising the day-to-day activities of staff that comprise the Accounting function.
Key responsibilities and percentage of time spent on each:
- Supervise the accounts payable process, including communicating with vendors and internal departments on invoicing issues
- Supervise hourly payroll processing
- Coordinate and participate in month-end close process by preparing financial journal entries, performingaccount reconciliationsandvariance analysis, and other various tasks required to ensure a timely and accurateperiodend close
Compliance / Reporting
- EnsureSOX and GAAP compliance
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and analysis
- Supportinternaldepartment reporting requirements as necessary
Forecasting / Budgeting
- Facilitateannual budget and quarterly forecasting process including fixed spending review, salesandproduction forecasting, labor, energy, rawmaterials, etc.
- Proactively identifymanufacturingcosttrends that impactthe business andfinancial results
- Lead / manage team of accountants / accounting clerks including, but not limited to: establishing clear expectations and formulating department and individual goals, assessing and communicating performance of staff, developing and motivating staff, developing a teamwork environment, and setting priorities for staff and resolving conflicts within the team.
Required Education/Professional Experiences:
Minimum education, required certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business or equivalent work experience
- At least seven (7) yearsof experience in finance or accounting
- Experience working in an ERP system, preferably SAP
Preferred Education/Professional Experiences:
Preferred education and certifications
- CPA, CMAor MBAcertificationpreferred
- Experience working in finance or accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Prior supervisory experience
- Strong ERP (SAP preferred) experience
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Good communicator at all levels of organization, in both written and verbal formats
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-sufficient, results driven and detail-oriented mindset
- Excellent decision-making and strong communication skills
Leadership, Technical, Innovation and Work Complexity
- Demonstrate an above-average understanding for business processes and controls across finance and related support systems
- Self-starter with the ability to learnand grasp new concepts quickly with little oversight
- Strong business acumen along with analytical, problem solving,anddecision-making skills
- Desire to drive change and manage viasystems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with other departments across the site andcorporation
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment meeting various deadlines and driving initiatives forward
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work along with strong time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage team of accountants and accounting clerks
- Interpretation and application of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA)
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
This job has expired.