The Account Representative is responsible for learning and demonstrating all necessary skills and knowledge in preparation to become a full-time Account Executive. To accomplish this, (s)he is responsible for regularly assisting and supporting Account Executives in representing products and services for Shamrock Foods Company to restaurants, resorts, hotels, and other institutional establishments through face-to-face interactions. The Account Representative is responsible for maximizing sales growth profitability.
- Learn and support in prospecting new customers and building a territory to grow the customer base
- Learn and assist in maintaining the current customer base and growing the share of the customer's business
- Contribute to customer success through:
- Entering new customer data and current customer data into computer database
- Learning and supporting customer menu engineering
- Learning and supporting food cost analysis to ensure waste reduction and improve customer profitability
- Learning and supporting product demonstration and comparisons by taking product to customer's restaurant or facility
- Learning and supporting demonstrations to support the customer
- Consuming and sharing market intelligence and industry trends
- Learn and assist in keeping accounts current by optimizing sales, service, and delivery and collecting past-due balances from customers
- Keep Account Executives up-to-date with any information pertaining to their customer base
- Participate in all sales functions and on-going training to continuously develop skills
- Other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma and/or GED required; Associate or Bachelor's degree a plus
- 1+ years' experience in culinary, restaurant operations, foodservice, or other related experience preferred
- Previous successful sales experience a plus
- Current driver's license and auto insurance required
- Comfortable using technology and analyzing customer data
- Expertise in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings weekends, and holidays
- At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.Our Mission:
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family's motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.' Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That's why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn't stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.