Become a part of our diverse team
NPD is an inclusive and innovative work environment where you can learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world's most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today's market trends while anticipating tomorrow's.
You're a passionate, dynamic, collaborative and highly motivated individual who's looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. This integral member of the SupplyTrack team will report directly to the Team Executive Director. You will help to drive value within our accounts to ensure continued growth and profitability. If you enjoy helping clients answer important business questions and find strategic direction, this job is for you.
SupplyTrack® is the first and only monthly tracking service that codes, aggregates, and tracks every product shipped from a critical mass of leading broadline foodservice distributors to each of their customers. The Account Manager for SupplyTrack supports the NPD Group's relationship with manufacturer clients who subscribe to the SupplyTrack service.
This position will be based in Chicago, IL, Rosemont, IL, Houston, TX, or Port Washington, NY.
- Build strategic relationships with client contacts to develop business insights regarding the clients' most important issues/needs, both short and long-term
- Utilize Excel and other analytic related software to accurately pull and analyze data and PowerPoint to convey a data-driven story
- Understand and communicate complex data in an easily digestible format
- Partner with cross-functional departments and teams within NPD to ensure success for the business
- Ensure overall client satisfaction by proactively relating NPD data and industry trends to business opportunities
- Operate in a collaborative team environment providing support and cross-functional training as needed
- Deliver revenue growth
- Expand the client base to include a broader mix of end users
- Manage and develop team members to deliver actionable insights to specific business questions as well as provide opportunities for their professional growth
- 4+ years of experience in research and analytics (POS, consumer, custom and/or syndicated research)
- Working knowledge of category management preferred
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information to create clear and concise insights that deliver value to client
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively across varying levels
- Expert in all MS Office products, Excel, PowerPoint, & Word
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in the food / foodservice industry a plus
- Travel typically 20-30%
The ideal candidate must be able to conduct engaging and impactful analyses that deliver value to the client while telling a compelling story in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience. Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer's needs with NPD's products and services, or be willing to direct the customer to the best solution.Relationships
The ideal candidate must be comfortable and effective when talking with a broad range of decision makers and influencers within an organization. The candidate will be able to effectively understand and build relationships throughout the customer's organization.Discipline
The ideal candidate will be competent in managing their time and activities and must embrace our proven opportunity and customer management processes and systems. Candidates must possess a "can-do" perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic. They will be sticklers for accuracy in their own work as well as their colleagues. They will be ready to back up their assertions with facts.
The NPD Group, L.P. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job has expired.