Are you seeking an exciting 2023 internship opportunity? We have a variety of paid, hybrid and remote internships starting in early June.
Emergent Holdings and its innovative brands (e.g., Corporate Functions, Advantasure, AF Group, and Senior Health Services) are seeking interns for our 2023 internship program, in a variety of career fields. We offer a variety of paid hybrid and remote positions.
About Advantasure: Advantasure is a health technology and business process services company that improves the performance of health plans and provider organizations in the delivery of government healthcare programs. We maintain a culture of inclusion, authenticity and innovation, that attracts top professionals in the healthcare and technology fields across the country.
About AF Group: AF Group creates and provides a variety of innovative insurance products that exceed customer expectations. Working with AF Group or one of our brands is more than a job. It is a career at one of the most dynamic, innovative and successful insurance companies in the nation. In fact, we've been named the no. 1 large employer by Business Insurance magazine on their 2017 list of Best Places to Work in Insurance.
About Senior Health Services: Our Senior Health Services team markets and manages Medicare Advantage insurance products, enabling seniors to achieve their health goals by delivering a financially secure, superior consumer experience that provides access to high quality, affordable care.
Check out the Internships at Emergent Holdings video to learn more.
Potential career fields include but are not limited to:
Analyst - Business, Data, Health Care Analyst, IT Operations, Operational, Security, Systems
Customer Experience (CX)
Information Security Governance
Medicare Group Marketing and Communications
Nursing Student Project Management
Operations Learning and Growth
Project/Portfolio Management (PPM) Support and IT Process Governance
Reinsurance Actuarial Summer
Senior Health Services Program Oversight
- Prepares and delivers presentation(s) on assigned topic(s).
- Attends unit, departmental, and corporate meetings as assigned.
- Shows learning and both personal and professional growth and understanding of responsibilities.
- Gains an understanding of how company and business works.
- Shows punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude when completing assignments.
- Manages multiple deadlines.
- Completes miscellaneous assignments as assigned.
- Uses company software applications to complete assignments.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Responds to internal and external customer inquiries.
- This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
- Have status as a sophomore, junior or senior as of the end of the spring term (or be enrolled in an applicable graduate program).
- Have status as a rising freshman, at least 18 years-old, who is enrolled in or has completed a vocational insurance-related program, with some college credits.
- Hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better as of the most recent grading period.
- Be able to work full-time during normal business hours for this summer.
- Be available to begin employment between late-May and mid-June.
Currently enrolled and active in any educational degree program that aligns with our various businesses. EXPERIENCE:
With proper education credentials no experience necessary. Previous work experience preferred. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of computers and company standard software; Internet research experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to proofread documents for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to perform necessary mathematical computations.
- Ability to comprehend consequences of various situations and make appropriate individuals aware of same for decision making.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts and other information.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines while maintaining composure during stressful situations occurring as a result of workloads and/or deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Work is performed in an office or home office setting with no unusual hazards.
- The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimal skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this position description. The qualifications should not be viewed as absolute standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered with other position-related criteria.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.