Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Wire Feed Welder to work in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to work on a project in the Wood fabrication shop in Bloomfield, NM. Must live within a 50 mile radius of fabrication shop.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
In general, a Welder will generally be assigned to assist one or more craftsmen with miscellaneous tasks. A helper may perform a variety of duties, such as furnishing another worker with materials, tools, and supplies, cleaning work areas, machines, and equipment; holding materials or tools; and performing other routine duties. A helper's duties may be limited or restricted to one type of activity, such as moving materials from one area to another, cleaning machines or work areas.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, forklifts, and company trucks
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals
- Demonstrate ability to work with a craft person
- Identify, recognize and select appropriate materials related to specific crafts
- Demonstrate ability to assist craft person installation, demolition, and other procedures specific to the craft
- Demonstrate ability to perform manual excavation
- The employee is expected to work using all the safe equipment that OSHA requires as well as what is required by Wood
Skills / Qualifications
- Wire feed welding experience.
- The employee must be able to use standard and/or metric rule to measure
- Demonstrate ability to use whole numbers, fractions and decimals to add, subtract, multiply and divide and be able to accurately follow instructions
- Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.