Gorbel's mission is simple: We improve people's lives.
That mission guides everything we do, from the products and service we provide to our outside customers to the work environment we foster for our employees. We are a manufacturer of material handling and fall protection products for the production and warehouse/distribution sectors. We're on the cutting edge of manufacturing and distribution; a thriving, growing company that is constantly seeking out new ways to innovate and elevate our products and our processes - and we're looking for people like you to join us in that mission.
We're currently hiring for open positions in the US and Canada. We operate in Canada as Engineered Lifting Systems and Equipment (ELS)/DBA Gorbel® Canada, and subsequent communication related to Canadian positions may show the ELS name. You may be contacted by phone by recruitment personnel based in either Canada or New York.
Second Shift (United States of America)
Welders are responsible for designing, cutting, and permanently joining metal parts together through the application of appropriate welding techniques.
- Produce weldments to the specified documentation using both prints and job paperwork.
- Weld various grades of carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum
- Layout and fabrication of custom product to drawings
- Utilize fabrication tools such oxy-acetylene torches, plasma cutters, magnetic based drills, multi-spindle drilling machines and other equipment as necessary
- Responsible for setup, operation, and maintenance of the tools and equipment
- SMAW, MCAW, GMAW and spray arc welding
- Fit all assemblies and subassemblies to ensure accuracy and quality control.
- Safe operation of overhead cranes and all other shop equipment (electric, pneumatic, or hydraulic).
- Complete all required documentation
- All other duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma, Trade School Certificate or equivalent required
- SMAW, MCAW, GMAW and spray arc welding experience required
- Must be certifiable and able to pass the certification test in accordance with the AWS D14.1 specifications
- Use and read basic hand tools; including but not limited to grinders, drills, tape measures
- Handle materials with forklifts, pallet jacks and overhead cranes as neede
WORK ENVIRONMENT:ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements
- Ability to read tape measure
- Ability to read a blue print
- Must be able to communicate effectively with factory supervision
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand (75%); walk (20%); stoop, kneel or crouch (5%), as required.
- Able to climb portable ladder
- Able to wear safety glasses and foot protection throughout shift.
- Able to wear hearing protectors (ear plugs) throughout the shift while working in an environment with moderate noise levels.
Gorbel® is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Gorbel® is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at 585-924-6204.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Gorbel, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
A reasonable estimate of the current range is:
Welder I: Min $19.81 - Max $29.71
Welder II: Min $21.92 - Max $32.88
Welder III: Min $24.00 - Max $36.00
This job has expired.