Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
This position is responsible for safely operating a water tanker truck to transport water for use throughout job sites, drainage, and structures to control dust by spraying water on roadways or to achieve compaction of construction materials.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Filling truck with water from approved supply sources.
- May drive truck equipped with sprinkling attachment to settle dust on roadways and streets to saturate flexible base for compaction.
- Distinguish when roads are over-watered, creating unsafe operating conditions.
- Safety operate truck in often unstable ground conditions.
- Perform pre- and post-inspections on truck, pursuant to DOT regulations, company guidelines and manufacture's specifications.
- Maintain the equipment according to the standards set in place by the company and manufacturer's specifications.
- Assist crews with other tasks as required when not operating water truck.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Class A or B CDL driver's license with tanker endorsement, required.
- Experience driving a water truck on roadway construction sites, preferred.
- Experience operating heavy equipment, preferred.
- Knowledge with DOT regulations.
- Ability to navigate uneven and rough terrain safely.
- Ability to recognize hazardous conditions.
- Ability to work, day, swing, and night shifts (occasionally extended hours).
- Ability to work in constant exposure to outside elements, in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work in safety sensitive construction setting, including exposure to moving machinery and heavy equipment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Ability to squat, crawl, and work in awkward positions/confined spaces.
- Physical dexterity, stamina, and excellent hand-eye coordination with ability to: grasp, assemble, and lift objects, stand, sit, and walk for extended periods over uneven surfaces, squat, bend, climb ladders onto equipment or other objects, and potentially lie down.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling of heavy items weighing up to 50 lbs. or more.
About Granite Construction
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct daily.
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities, and a Drug Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.