Veolia is the world's leading environmental services company with ~179,000 employees globally and a 160-year history. We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for cities, governments, campuses, businesses, and industries.
Plans, organizes and manages the daily operation, maintenance and testing of a water and/or wastewater system, collection system or biosolids facility. Assures compliance with established environmental, safety, operating, standards, policies and emergency response procedures. Maintains ongoing client interface to keep client informed and enhance client relations.
1. Manages daily operation and maintenance and ensures compliance with operational, QA/QC, safety, environmental, and performance metrics. Typically works through Operations, Maintenance and/or Lab Supervisors to ensure that plant resources are being utilized to achieve project objectives. Teaches cost control and provides effective counsel / direction, especially where corrective actions are needed.
2. Manages the human resource functions of the facility or unit including hiring and firing, salary and job change actions, and coaching and counseling team. Works with the HSE and training team to ensure that all personnel receive safety and process training. Coaches and counsels team to improve technical skills and interpersonal and problem resolution skills. Works to identify and provide opportunities for the team to learn new skills and techniques. Administers labor agreements to ensure compliance and effectively deal with representative labor union(s).
3. Reviews and evaluates water reports, records, logs, and graphs to confirm adequacy of present and projected water needs. Ensures that uniform monitoring and record keeping are performed facility-wide. Prepares reports concerned with chemical and bacteriological analyses of water for administrative purposes and regulatory agencies.
4. Administers client contracts to ensure compliance and customer satisfaction and prompt
identification and client notification of scope changes.
5. Performs all baseline client relations duties, including preparation and presentation of progress and special reports.
6. Participates in client meetings, special award programs and handles resolution of client service
problems in a professional manner.
7. Assists with the preparation and/or review of reports to regulatory agencies and assists with public relations duties as necessary.
8. Works with Area Manager to develop site specific or functional goals and activities required to meet overall business objectives. Maintains standards, guidelines and procedures. Identifies needed process improvements, evaluates new concepts, technologies and practices. Recommends and implements approved improvements.
9. Evaluates employee performance, matches abilities and job requirements and capitalizes on talents to effectively meet business objectives. Ensures that business initiatives and progress toward goals are effectively communicated to employees.
10. Proactively manages safety, plant appearance and environmental issues and ensures compliance with Federal and State standards including Hazardous Waste Disposal and Air Quality Standards. Ensures that issues are identified and addressed and elevated if necessary in a timely manner.
11. Maintains an up-to-date plan of action to be taken in event of emergencies such as machinery, equipment or power failure, or need to release dammed water to affect flood control. Manages emergencies in an effective manner.
12. Executes capital and facility improvement plans as required.
13. May oversee construction and maintenance of roads and communication lines used in operating water supply systems. Oversees contractors as required.
At least a two year degree in Business or Science or equivalent related experience with
completion of an accredited management course.
● Five to seven years progressive lead and/or supervisory experience within a water
/wastewater treatment environment with thorough knowledge of the methods, techniques,
principles, and practices of water/wastewater treatment, water distribution and wastewater
● Lab experience for permit testing requirements.
● Demonstrated leadership ability with general knowledge of Human Resources / Relations
● Knowledge of Process / Operations Management, QA/QC procedures, Safety,
Environmental and Facilities / Capital Equipment Management.
● Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem resolution, resolve conflicting
priorities and to meet assignment deadlines within a team environment.
● Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex process problems and manage remedial action.
● Demonstrated knowledge of budget preparation and cost control and have the ability to
forecast budget, staffing and equipment needs.
● Demonstrated effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills in order to
interface with and motivate all levels of personnel.
● Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
● Strong PC skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database software
and the ability to optimize the use of technology and systems to communicate, manage
budget and to streamline processes and increase efficiency. Familiarity with maintenance,
operation, regulatory reporting and cost estimating software.
● Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
● Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the
Company's Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
● Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call if required by site.
● Highest level of certification required by site. If from another state, must achieve certification within one year of appointment to Plant Manager.
● Valid Driver's license and safe driving record.
● HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response) Level I and II
certification if required by site.
Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and organizations throughout North America.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Washington, District of Columbia
Posted about 2 hours ago
Washington, District of Columbia
Posted about 2 hours ago
Lebanon, New Jersey
Posted 36 minutes ago