Warehouse Operations Manager
Commerce Distribution Center
We are searching for an experienced Warehouse Operations Manager for our Distribution Center in Commerce, CA, located at 5500 Sheila Street, Commerce, CA 90040.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Warehouse Operations Manager reports to the Director, Commerce Distribution Center. Manages and coordinates order fulfillment, shipping and receiving operations within the Distribution Center. Directs shift managers and associates and interacts with the General Manager and Director of Logistics in all areas of job responsibilities. Accountable for department financial responsibilities and key performance indicators. Knows and understands Inventory Control Systems, Engineered Labor Standards and LEAN process improvements.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
* Oversees the day to day operations of one or multiple shifts within the Distribution Center.
* Drives and achieves financial results as outlined by Supply Chain management for one or more cost centers. Oversee daily, weekly and period results.
* Forecasts daily workloads and establishes daily staff planning to accomplish the workload to reduce overtime and manage resources efficiently.
* Monitors productivity of all associates in all departments to ensure efficient use of time and resources. Schedules associates as appropriate.
* Maintains accurate personnel records of attendance, production and discipline on all associates.
* Responsible for the efficient use of warehouse space, utilizing the facility precisely to reduce inventory movements and to increase efficiency.
* Performs audits of associates' work, evaluates associates' overall performance, and conducts constant observations of work performed by associates.
* Ensures all safety programs and sanitation standards are maintained. Manages ORI rate goal as established by Supply Chain.
* Provides and oversees training programs.
* Accountable for ensuring that work performed is within budget parameters.
* Seeks constant improvement of efficiency by incorporating associates' ideas, managers' ideas, supervisors' ideas, and his/her own ideas for the growth of the entire organization.
* Responsible for carrying out all company policies, rules and procedures.
* Creates an engaging environment for the associates and his/her direct reports.
* Develops associates and direct reports for advancements or provides coaching and feedback to improve performance.
* Upholds Smart & Final Core Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability, Respect and Growth.
* Applies LEAN, process improvement culture; focuses on change management.
* Proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word
Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; five years related management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Retail Management Certificate is desirable.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!