What We Are Looking For
The Warehouse Associate/Delivery Driver is responsible for counting, verifying and receiving incoming shipments and customer return material, stocking and maintaining the warehouse, picking, documenting and packing customer orders. This position also loads and unloads trucks, operates a forklift safely, and makes local deliveries.
We are searching for a candidate that has a passion for customer service, is safety-oriented, and has a clean driving record. If you are searching for a career with an organization that rewards performance and provides a stable and supportive environment, then Shanor may be the place for you.
What You Will Do
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Organize warehouse inventory.
- Facilitates the movement of products throughout the warehouse including storage and shipment of finished products.
- Handles daily flow of finished products.
- Confirms availability of items to be shipped by verifying inventory records or conducting inventories of required items.
- Manually handles, repacks, or restacks pallets of finished product as needed.
- Operates forklift truck as needed.
- Plans and completes an efficient delivery and pick up route for the day.
- Loads delivery vehicle with parcels scheduled for delivery.
- Delivers parcels to correct addresses, obtaining signatures and proof of receipt when necessary.
- Picks up parcels along the scheduled route, including items to be returned, company orders, and other items as requested.
- Maintains basic records of truck mileage and deliveries made.
- Ensures that delivery vehicle receives basic service according to maintenance schedule; reports larger service needs and mechanical issues to supervisor.
- Assists in general warehouse duties when delivery route is completed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish an employment contract and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.What You Will Need
What We Offer
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of warehouse or related experience
- Valid NY Driver License with clean driving record
- Ability to drive safely
- Ability to use navigation tools such as onboard GPS, smartphone apps, and/or web-based or physical maps
- Ability to plan delivery routes
- Ability to maintain basic logs and records
- Ability to carry out a series of instructions with minimal supervision
- Able to remain professional and courteous at all times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic understanding of or ability to quickly learn company product codes and terminology
- Thorough understanding of warehouse policies and procedures
- Good analytical skills and ability to make sound judgments relative to inventory
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods
- Generous medical insurance offerings
- Dental and vision plans
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Health savings accounts
- Vacation and NOCO Time
- Employee and family assistance program
- Company-paid training
- Company-provided uniforms
- Safety boot allowance
- Safety incentives
- Years of service incentives