At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Daramic where we develop and manufacture advanced lead-acid battery separators that are driving innovation in transportation and industrial applications with cars, trucks, forklifts, and golf carts as well as ESS.
This position is responsible for innovation, strategic leadership, employee development and organizational structure of the company's global Research & Development while building strong relationships with key stakeholders, executives, and employees across the company to secure organizational commitment for defined strategies.
Background and Qualifications:
- Bring new products and services to our core markets that meet identified customer needs, in a timely and cost-efficient manner that advance the ongoing vitality of the company.
- Oversee these projects in Phased-Gate approach allowing the appropriate management decisions through-out the commercialization process
- Manage the portfolio of projects to ensure that they are properly prioritized, resourced and gain Senior Management alignment
- Identify, evaluate, and assess development trends in energy storage, lead acid battery, Polyethylene (PE) processing equipment and those in material science.
- Advise Senior Leadership team on technical trends and recommend appropriate course of action.
- Identify and participate in mergers and acquisition activities that will augment the technical competencies and products of Daramic.
- Manage key technical arrangements with outside entities such as suppliers, universities, consultants or customers.
- In support of the business, provides appropriate technical customer service. This includes problem solving, scoping of market needs, product recommendations, and promotion of new products.
- Propose, gain approval and meet annual expense and capital budgets for the R&D Group.
- Provide technical oversight to the manufacturing teams regarding raw material qualification, major process modifications and product specification development.
- Responsible for global process development; modernizing
- Collaborate with global operations to improve the overall manufacturing process while accelerating the time between research and commercializing new products to include scale up.
- Manage the intellectual property of the Daramic which includes trade secrets and patents.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering, Science, Business highly preferred; B.S. in engineering or science is required.
- 10+ years of experience in a mid to senior leadership level role, preferably in development, intellectual property, product marketing, or product management role.
- Proven experience in developing and executing strategy in a business-to-business setting
- Experience in the energy storage applications preferred
- Polymer science experience is required
- Six Sigma certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Track record of building and maintaining a strong and enduring organizations, including development of leaders
- Experience building high performing teams, with a proven track record of execution and delivering on an organization's goals and objectives
- Strong financial acumen
- Change management experience with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Domestic and international travel as necessary up to 30%
- Proven ability as a productive and collaborative executive team member
- Strong evidence of developing talent and leading an organization to excellence
- Proven ability to effectively lead & manage within a fast-paced, high-growth, complex organization, with global operations & relationships
- Create an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture while embracing our core values of Sincerity, Challenge and Creativity.
- A continuous learner
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.