This position serves as a key executive team member, accountable to the President, Specialty Lines of AF Group for developing and executing long-term mission and vison, managing the development and implementation of strategies as well as the overall management direction and control of affairs of Fundamental Underwriters. Key responsibilities for the VP of Fundamental Underwriters include expanding the diversification of Fundamental Underwriters product and solutions capabilities by exploring multiline opportunities that support growth and profitability over the short-, medium- and long-term strategic direction and goals of AF Group.
Additional key responsibilities include the oversight and leadership for Fundamental Underwriters operations and policies, adherence to quality controls and compliance, including development and implementation of internal policies and procedures to manage and mitigate risks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Serve as a key member of the executive Operating Committee and the AF Group executive leadership team, handling strategic and tactical enterprise issues.
- Responsible for Profit & Loss, products and overall oversight of all operations of unit
- Create and develop long term strategy including expansion, efficiency and engagement goals in parallel with the parent's strategic vision and plan
- Develop and present business plans to support expansion efforts to senior leaders and board
- Identify, investigate and explorenew market opportunities in lines of insurance beyond the workers compensation line of business. This includes both expanded casualty and property opportunities that we consider for diversification organically or by acquisition.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to develop and implement product and pricing strategies to meet growth and profitability targets for Fundamental Underwriters.
- Leads the development of strategic and operational business and financial plans designed to meet the short and long-term goals and objectives and provide synergy with the parent's strategic diversification and risk plan.
- Implement and execute expansion business plan accordingly, once approved.
- Maximize shareholder value and build sustainable, competitive advantage. Responsible for profit and loss for specific operating unit,
- Oversees the preparation and execution of operating budget maximizing revenues and managing expenses.
- Develop and maintain a high-performing team, utilizing the enterprise-wide compensation, benefits, and perquisites programs.
- Oversees all insurance operations of the brand by providing direct leadership and employee development.
- Establishes and maintains satisfactory community and governmental relations.
- Establish and manage organizational structure that supports efficient and effective implementation of strategy and operations.
- Oversight to ensure efficiency of operations and quality service.
- Create and maintain a highly productive and competitive work environment.
- Oversee the creation and evolution of a unique brand in the marketplace, appealing to both retail agents and policyholders.
- Foster the external relationships needed for brand success.
- Represent Company in community and industry programs, conferences, and affiliations.
Directly manages exempt and non-exempt staff. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
Performs other related duties which may not be specifically listed in the position description, but which are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's class of work. QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION
Bachelor's degree in related field required. Master's degree, or advanced insurance certification highly preferred. EXPERIENCE
Ten years of relevant experience is preferred, with strong focus on underwriting experience, which would provide the necessary skills, knowledge, and abilities. Five years of progressively increasing executive responsibilities with demonstrated leadership abilities. Experience in commercial multi-line with a multi discipline line of business focus with demonstrated technical knowledge preferred. Strong background of driving disruptive ideas which have moved from concept to production products and services. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong strategic planning, program development and project management skills. Ability to think ahead and plan over a 3 to 5-year span.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills, and senior level skills in managing ambiguous situations and issues.
- Strong vertical knowledge with solid understanding of industry trends, solutions, and business drivers
- Thorough knowledge in commercial underwriting and/or workers' compensation underwriting.
- Thorough knowledge of insurance lines of business beyond workers compensation, including general liability, automobile, property, and umbrella lines on both and admitted and non-admitted basis and the ability to evaluate or access expertise in areas of expansion.
- Thorough knowledge in product development, proposal and renewal development, risk assessment, group experience evaluation, and plan design and rating.
- Knowledge of activities, practices, and terminology of the insurance industry, preferably workers compensation, and relevant legal and administrative procedures.
- Ability to negotiate and establish a personal rapport with opposing parties, and to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
- Thorough knowledge of budget preparation and financial management.
- Ability to develop and implement effective and efficient recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated drive, determination, and persistence to achieve annual revenue targets.
- Presentation skills and confidence to present company and product in one-on-one settings or to large gatherings.
- A commitment to total customer satisfaction.
Work is performed in an office/remote setting with no unusual hazards. Travel is required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimal skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this position description. The qualifications should not be viewed as absolute standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered with other position-related criteria.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.