Praxair, Inc. is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest . Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty , and high-performance . Our products, and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of , including , , , , , , manufacturing, primary and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at .
Praxair Distribution, Inc. is seeking a VMI Specialist to join our team located in Elkhart, IN.
The VMI Specialist is responsible for daily order management within strategic accounts. By partnering with plant level purchasing contacts, the goal is to ensure adequate product supply and replenishment.
- Visit a pre-determined list of strategic customers on a daily basis that require Vendor Managed inventory (cylinders/hardgoods)
- Ensure accuracy of the order, pricing and processing in JDE.
- Convert order into customer PO format and email to purchasing department (As Required)
- Deliver product to customers as needed
- Clearly communicate with GSM, TM and distribution supervisors
- Identify/Document Prostar conversion opportunities and meet quarterly with TM's to review.
- Assist TM's with cylinder audits
- Write credit memos when customers return hard goods while taking orders on site.
- Looks for opportunities to convert customer to PDI Express, EDI payments, etc. - opportunities to reduce transaction costs.
- Goes on join calls with TMs to new customers, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma Required (Bachelor's preferred)
- Excel / JDE / Computer skills
- Strong written and Oral communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.