About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
Gap Inc.'s Global Supply Chain team sets and drives the strategy, optimization and operational transformation of the end to end Supply Chain across our portfolio of brands to fuel profitable growth and sustained excellence. We partner with stakeholders across the end to end value chain to optimize the way we work and how our >1B garments are developed, fulfilled and delivered. The work we do impacts millions of customers who are passionate about our iconic brands.
We are looking for a seasoned strategic leader to lead the Supply Chain Operations Strategy team, focusing on developing strong visions for the future of our supply chain, maintaining the long-range plan, and leading transformation and growth initiatives across the Global Supply Chain. This role is highly collaborative working with the heads of Sourcing, Fulfillment and Transportation and will scale to help us define transformational operating initiatives for the future. This role is responsible for identifying and implementing the roadmap for the next generation Global Supply Chain to support a competitive growth model at scale while ensuring our supply chain is always prepared for the disruptive geo-political and industry shifts that continue to challenge legacy supply chains. This role works across leaders and functions to ensure our strategy and roadmap is fully integrated and economics defined. This leader will develop and lead a team of seasoned strategy, operations, program management and change management professionals.
We require a strategic thinker who is passionate about their work - with high curiosity and learning agility - who also understands supply chain operations and engineering and economics at scale. You must be a strong team leader and change agent who can navigate a complex organization and global cross-functional organization. You must be adept at navigating tough discussions with leaders, managing through ambiguity, and holding stakeholders accountable. This leader must also be analytical and a data-driven problem solver, adept at developing executive level presentations, and willing to "get one's hands dirty" in understanding our complex operational models. Finally, this leader must be familiar with and passionate about supply chain capabilities, technology and ongoing digitalization.
What You'll Do
- Provide thought leadership to the Supply Chain Leadership team in defining the vision and long-range plan for the supply chain of the future, as well as in defining, developing, and driving key business priorities within the supply chain based on an in-depth understanding of Gap Inc.'s business, the competitive landscape and supply chain trends.
- Provide thought leadership to the Chief Growth Office - ensuring connectivity to Supply Chain strategies.
- Occupy a highly visible leadership position to represent the strategic agenda of our senior-most leaders.
- Build and lead a team of seasoned team with members who own and manage strategic projects, leading cross-functional teams in evaluation of hypotheses, strategic analysis / planning, and operational execution to further Gap Inc. goals and priorities, as well as providing program management capabilities and resources to critical supply chain and company-wide programs.
- Partners closely with Finance to drive the right strategic and financial decisions and investments, including the annual planning process while working in partnership as a trusted thought leader with the brand and functional leaders to inform and influence business strategies (e.g., supply chain network strategies and capital investments, automation, digitalization capabilities).
- Develop strategic roadmaps for field organizations and impact upstream functions, including people, process and tools, based on deep understanding of today's operations, possible futures, and the ROI for potential initiatives.
- Interact with brand and HQ partners to understand their strategic and business priorities. Proactively foster brand and business partner relationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on analyses and process recommendations.
- Engage with brand and functional senior leaders as a strategic thought partner to develop and devise scope, structure and approach to delivering value with a new or existing initiative.
- Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results. Ensure relevant programs/projects are on track, including budget, timeline and scope.
Who You Are
- +15 years of professional experience; experience in strategy/management consulting, retail/consumer products or similar strategic role preferred. Preferable experience in economic and network modeling.
- Proven track record for implementing transformation across people, process and tools.
- Experience with supply chain and an omni ecosystem; experience with inventory management and stores a plus
- Turnaround and transformation efforts, including business model innovation, operating systems development, large scale cost improvements, and organizational restructures and effectiveness.
- Knowledge of Transportation and Fulfillment best practices - as well as Sourcing/ Manufacturing
- Ability to work effectively with senior executives, including Brand Presidents, Functional leaders and Board of Directors; strong communications and presentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strong ability to work with complex and detailed data to drive insights and decisions.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners to influence strategic agendas and operationalize key strategic initiatives.
- Aptitude and willingness to "get one's hands dirty" and conduct financial and operational modeling, write executive presentations and manage projects directly.
- Strong presentational skills and business case development and analysis
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape.
- Experience managing third parties.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.