VRL Eurofins is the Pre-Transplant Testing division of Eurofins, committed to servicing the transplant community with regional high complexity testing laboratories. Headquartered near Denver, Colorado, with satellite laboratories in or near Los Angeles, Dallas, Boston, Atlanta, and Minneapolis, VRL Eurofins is continuing to expand throughout the United States and is seekinga highly motivated and detail oriented Validation Technologistto work in Centennial, CO.
Validation Technologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Executes pre-analytical steps in approved microbiology validation protocols
- Performs sample setup for the validation of method suitability protocols and special customer projects
- Performs any of the tests (reading of plates, gram staining, any associated biochemical tests, etc.) leading to the identification of any bacteria inoculated during the validation protocols and special customer projects. Calculating the results of the tests performed in necessary.
- Participates in the writing of the Validation protocol, reports to clients, and SOP's that result from the project.
- Operating, calibrating, conducting performance checks, and maintaining any laboratory analyzers or equipment
- Recognizing and correcting basic analyzer malfunctions. Notifying management personnel when appropriate
- Preparing any reagents or media involved in the MS protocols or special customer projects.
- Evaluating media, reagents, and calibrators according to established criteria
- Conducting established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and products. Evaluating results of quality control and implements corrective action when indicated
- Determining performance specifications for new methods
- Performs instrument maintenance, QC reagents and kits
- Confirming and verifying results through knowledge of techniques, principles, and analyzers
- Monitoring quality assurance/continuous improvement programs
- Monitoring safety programs in compliance with laboratory regulations
- Utilizes laboratory information systems or other methods to accurately and effectively report patient results.
- Review and follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reporting test results conforming to established procedures
- Supports VRL Eurofins business philosophy, leadership values, and ethics
- To meet VRL's quality policy and objectives, all employees are expected to meet basic expectations of VRL's quality management system including, but not limited to good workmanship, adherence to standard operational procedures, training,good documentation practices, and accurate recordkeeping.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, equipment, and techniques of medical technology
- Knowledge of the principles of chemistry, biology, and bacteriology as related to medical technology
- Knowledge of recent developments in the field of medical technology
- Ability to perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures and to make accurate observations and records of tests results
- Skill in the use of medical laboratory equipment
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled at prioritization and time management
- Strong communication skills & analytical thinking
- Performs instrument maintenance
- Performs QC reagents needed for testing protocol samples.
- Competent to perform routine testing for many tests performed within the department
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution
- 0 -2 years of related experience
Position is full time, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Centennial, CO are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
- Compensation Range: $19.00 to $20.00/ hour
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
www.eurofinsus.com.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.