What you'll do...
Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions. Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); directing actions as designated in the plan. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
As part of Walmart's Content-to-Commerce team, you will be building highly scalable and reliable APIs, data-pipelines, services, and applications which will drive the next generation of affiliates, open-API and social commerce experiences. You'll independently handle high impact, critical software/systems monitoring issues, troubleshoot business and production issues. As a member of this fast-moving and highly entrepreneurial team, you'll be able to say that you work for the world's largest retailer and contribute to innovation and development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
You'll make an impact by:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree in Computer Science (or related field) and 12+ years of experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, databases, operating systems, etc.
- Expertise in Java, Scala, Object Oriented & Functional Programming, Design Patterns
- Experience in coding and implementing scalable solutions in a large-scale distributed eco-system with Cloud Technologies like Azure and GCP.
- Expertise in Apache Hadoop, Map-reduce, Apache Spark, and in messaging Systems as Kafka.
- In depth knowledge of No-SQL and RDBMS technologies.
- Strong expertise in designing and building scalable APIs & cloud native microservices.
Benefits & Perks:
- Develop highly scalable services and solve complex software systems problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology
- Gain exposure to various emerging technologies used in Marketing and E-commerce platforms.
- Provide technical direction, architecture leadership and expertise to the team.
- Lead by example. Show your chops as an exceptional and experienced developer.
- Drive projects of high visibility across the organization.
- Participate in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project, product and business requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirement); designing robust and scalable architectures; writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery;
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America