At General Motors, we have a vision of a world with zero crashes, zero emissions, and zero congestion and believe that our people are the driving force behind making this a reality. The Global Finance team is essential to achieving our vision through our ability to generate insights that maximize profitability, minimize risk, and pave the way toward greater innovation. At General Motors we value the employee and seek to create a culture of inclusivity, integrity, boldness and innovation.
The General Motors Global Tax and Customs department is a team of approximately 190 people focused primarily on GM's strategic and most complex tax matters. We manage relationships with numerous external partners who perform many of our routine tax functions. We aspire to be a trusted advisor to both internal customers and external stakeholders to whom we provide actionable, innovative advice in a straightforward manner. To achieve these goals, we strive to empower team members through trust, flexibility, feedback and career development.
Overview of Your Role:
The Domestic Tax Analysis Group, U.S. Income Tax Analyst is responsible for processes necessary to ensure GM's compliance with domestic income tax compliance requirements and compilation of the quarterly U.S. income tax provision. This person will have responsibility for administering SOX compliance with respect to key financial accounting processes and the financial reporting of taxes.
Additional Job DescriptionRequired
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly and annual U.S. income tax provision
- Operating Sarbanes Oxley 404 tax controls and supporting related testing
- Ensuring timely and accurate filing of tax returns, including quarterly estimates
- Partnering with business units and other departments within Corporate Finance to ensure the accuracy of tax returns and financial statement balances
- Providing support in the review and analysis of proposed and existing tax laws, regulations, and rulings
- Building and updating tax planning and tax analytic models
- Assisting in the management of federal and state audits, including drafting responses to government inquires and analysis of audit workpapers
- Working on special, cross-functional projects
- 2+ years of relevant large public accounting firm or private industry experience.
- The ability to prioritize assignments and manage workload within statutory and internal deadlines
- Well-developed computer and tax system skills. i.e., Experience with finance enterprise systems and tax provision / compliance systems (e.g., SAP, OneSource)
- Demonstratable strong performance and high productivity
- Self-motivated, with strong interpersonal, team and partnering skills
- CPA and/or Master's degree in Taxation or Accounting; other advanced degree or training
- Demonstrated effective, analytical and problem-solving skills
Work location: Hybrid
, the responsibilities of this position can primary be accomplished offsite, away from primary work location in Detroit
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.