Role: Truck Mechanic
Location: Wilder, KY
Reports to: David Kramer
About Maxim Crane:
Maxim Crane is a coast-to-coast crane rental and lift solutions company specializing in crane rental and turnkey lifting services including operated, maintained, and bare rentals. As specialists within our field, we offer innovative solutions to meet your project’s needs. With one of the most modern and extensive fleets of portable cranes in the world, Maxim Crane can supply you with equipment with a range of capacities. Situated in over 60 locations, each branch can provide management services, including transportation, risk management, safety and insurance programs that are unparalleled in the industry. With our expansive resources, we are a one-stop shop for your project needs.
All Mechanics are responsible for the inspection, diagnosis, repair and maintenance of various crane equipment including mobile cranes (All Terrain, Rough Terrain, Crawler Cranes, Boom Trucks, etc.). Must have experience as a mechanic with electrical and hydraulics (heavy equipment and cranes are preferred).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Should be well versed in Diesel mechanics, hydraulics and preventative maintenance- CDL license holder is a plus.
* Understanding and implementation of Maxim Safety and Shop Procedures
* Perform Annual Inspection and DOT Inspections
* Perform Preventative and Predictive Maintenance
* Test crane and support equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
* Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
* Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
* Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
* Dismantle and reassemble cranes and (or) crane components using hoists and hand tools.
* Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
* Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
* Keep equipment service repair records that are turned into Service Managers
* Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
* Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
* May be required to complete and pass crane manufacturer's coursework as determined by Regional and/or local Service Manager and training coordinator.
* Knowledge: Mobile Cranes and their transport equipment including designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
* Skills: Troubleshooting, and repair of machines and systems. Perform routine maintenance with the proper tools and equipment for the job. Installing modifications and repair parts as designated. Monitoring equipment operations
and identifying out-of-parameter performance. Review problems and associated information, develop and implement corrective actions.
* Abilities: To use online or book resources to identify and source part numbers for the service department. Layout repair process, including kiting and staging sub-assemblies; Train apprentices' in the steps and sequences in repair and PM process. Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos and the ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma and/ GED required. Completion of technical school or equivalent occupational or military experience preferred. A minimum of three to four years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for this position, preferably thru Crane Mechanic Apprentice Program. Crane Inspection Certification preferred. Manufacturer's Certification to work on crane systems.
Carry valid CDL Class C driver license if warranted by company vehicle assignment. Good communication skills and organizational skills essential.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of their race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or veteran status, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago