WHO WE ARE
Tealium is the most trusted and world's largest independent customer data platform. Tealium connects customer data - spanning web, mobile, offline, and IoT devices - so brands can connect with their customers. Tealium's turnkey integration ecosystem supports more than 1,300 client-side and server-side vendors and technologies, empowering brands to create a unified, real-time customer data infrastructure.
Tealium's customer data solutions encompass tag management, an API hub, a customer data platform with machine learning and AI, and data management solutions that make customer data more valuable, actionable, and secure. Tealium has been a trusted provider of customer data solutions for more than a decade, and more than 850 top businesses worldwide including Microsoft, Hyatt, Gap, HSBC and Novartis rely on Tealium to power their customer data strategies.
Team Tealium works and lives across the U.S. and in nearly 20 countries across the world. We are intentional about our culture, our investment in our team members and how we care and connect.
Tealium = Teal + Helium. Teal: a vibrant reflection that evokes authenticity, trustworthiness, reliability, open communication and clarity of thought. Helium: we rise above, a kinetic force that elevates our customers' and our experiences beyond all others.
We win together with respect and appreciation for the talents required of all positions and the people who contribute to each of these.
We are seeking a fluent bilingual Japanese language Translation Specialist to help with the translation of education, enablement and marketing materials.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
WHAT YOU BRING TO TEALIUM
- Produce and translate English content into Japanese while preserving the meaning of the original words, includes transcreation of educational materials, technical training materials, sales and customer service materials, and marketing content.
- Develop, establish and maintain an end-to-end process for intake and delivery of all translation materials.
- Assist with the relaying of concepts and ideas between languages between various stakeholders including internal and external to includes Customer and Partner Interactions and Regional teams cross-communications.
- Reads, comprehends, and rewrites material in designated languages preserving the original meaning.
- Creating translations in various formats including written, audio, video and SRT subtitle, and well as assisting and facilitating in live conversation translation.
- Research and convey industry and technology specific terminology and use sources such as dictionaries, thesauruses, and translation software to assist with ensuring accurate and clear translation.
- Proofreads translated texts following linguistic rules related to grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Maintains logs/progress reports to track progress of pending and upcoming translation requests.
- Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs.
- B.A. Degree in Japanese or equivalent formal study in native country. Or, a combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Several years experience in coordinating translation and interpreting.
- Formal education in the target language. Ability to read, write, and understand the target language and the source language. Knowledge and experience with culture(s) of the intended audience.
- Validatable native or bilingual proficiency of the Japanese and English languages, with a strong command of there nuanced rules in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to understand technical, sales, customer service and partner focused related topics and concepts to be able to provide an accurate and clear translation.
- Knowledge of Tealium solutions with a keen understanding of product messaging and positioning in addition to overall industry knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that span across various cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to connect the dots organizationally, network effortlessly, influences various roles, levels, and profiles to drive collaboration and program excellence
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and likes the challenge of building new and innovative things
- Skilled in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in translation.
- Several years of relevant work experience.
- You are agile, efficient and detail oriented.
- You have exceptional presentation, facilitation and written skills.
- You have the proven ability to work independently to meet objectives.
At Tealium, we don't just offer the ordinary, we provide the extraordinary:
- Tealium WOWs (Ways of Work)
, our award winning culture is how with think, act and connect together at Tealium
, our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is grounded in our mosaic of diverse perspectives and shared belonging as we live in work across the US and in nearly 20 countries
- Tealium Cares
, to promote caring in our communities, 15 hours of paid work time for volunteer activities and programs is offered annually
- Tealium Connects (remote-first working)
, enabling many of us to choose where we do our best work and offering new hire stipends to assist with purchasing things we need to support a successful home office environment
- Tealium Ownership
, share in the success of Tealium by becoming an owner of Tealium beginning with new hire equity grants
- Tealium Time
, unlimited paid time-off policy to offer flexibility to take time when needed and robust leave programs, including extended paid parental leave and company holidays
, health and wellness programs to help us be our best selves in the experiences of health, physical, mental, social, and even financial well-being and wellness
- Healium Be-Well Break
, an annual all-company paid shutdown to provide a true break for us all
- Tealium LIFT (Learning is Facilitated at Tealium)
, offering a myriad of professional development opportunities with over 6,000 courses available on demand to best-in-class manager and leadership development programs
- Health and Related Benefits Programs
, offering market competitive benefits programs
Collectively, we contribute our individual pieces (identity, experiences, heritage, backgrounds, religions, viewpoints, gender and more ) to form the mosaic of Team Tealium. It is our continuing philosophy to recruit and employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or any other protected characteristic. Tealium does not tolerate unlawful discrimination of any kind and strives to be an inclusive and respectful workplace.
The highly relevant and differentiated positioning of Tealium's solutions makes this a unique and rewarding career opportunity.
*Offerings vary by level and location.
This job has expired.