Summary of Responsibilities:
Plans, develops and executes large agency relationship onboarding and training programs. Plans, develops and executes the Columbus Life national webinar schedule. Plans, develops and executes 1-4 annual home office or virtual training school/meetings. Acts as the first point of contact for key personnel in our national accounts/large agencies with regards to onboarding and training, producing and delivering content based upon the needs of our National Acounts, travelling as needed in support of our national accounts/large agencies. Develops and maintains library of PowerPoint presentations in support of their training programs, and develops PowerPoint presentations as needed for other CLIC departments. Is responsible for developing, project managing and executing a number of complex projects simultaneously. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible for making an established range of decisions, escalating to manager when necessary and updating manager on a regular basis.
- Acts independently to develop quarterly webinar plan, develop presentation materials in support of plan, and interacts with other SMEs for delivery of content as necessary. Works closely with SVPs, VP Advanced Markets and Field Development, and Manager of the Sales Desk to ensure webinar plan and content is applicable to needs of the field.
- Acts as home office point of contact for Key Contacts (i.e., regional directors, agency managers, training and marketing directors, etc.) within our national account/large agencies for the purpose of coordinating producer onboarding and training, as well as managing and escalating systemic operational failings between the large agency relationship and Columbus Life.
- Supports SVPs by conducting national account/large agency onboarding/orientation meetings, in webinar format or in person, as dictated by business need.
- Travels in the field in support of national account/large agency relationships and presents in-person training, exclusively at the regional or national meeting level.
- Develops, coordinates and executes 1-4 annual home office training schools/meetings for upwards of 70-80 travelling attendees per event. This requires the planning and development of meeting content, coordination with SVPs and RVPs to determine attendees, coordination with speakers and SMEs from across CLIC and the W&S enterprise, as well as coordination with W&S travel services and W&S security as needed to create a logistical framework.
- Maintains subject matter expertise in areas of relevance to the field and our national account/large agencies, including but not limited to: licensing, new business, life and annuity product portfolio and competitive landscape, core life and annuity sales concepts, technology and product services.
- Maintains onboarding and training presentation library on topics within the aforementioned areas of expertise.
- Develops PowerPoint presentations for use in webinars and the field; helps develop PowerPoint presentations for other departments as needed; acts as first point of contact in submitting CLIC PowerPoint presentations to Ad-Review/compliance.
- Works with Marketing Support & Execution team and Corporate Communications to promote producer training programs through print, electronic and Web promotions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel software programs.
- Experience in training program development, program management and execution.
- Proven knowledge of the IMO/FMO/BGA business model.
- Subject matter expertise in life and annuity products; demonstrated understanding of key financial planning concepts involving life insurance and annuities; demonstrated understanding of the life and annuity product competitive landscape.
- Subject matter expertise in the areas of agency onboarding, new business and product services.
- 5 years' minimum experience in life and/or annuity sales .
- 3 years' experience in training and/or relationship management.
- Proven experience in successfully interacting with key contacts within IMOs/BGAs/large agencies.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail with excellent organizational and project management skills to include identification of key stakeholders and the development and implementation of a plan.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner while following proper rules of punctuation, diction and style. Ability to prepare correspondence, reports and forms using a prescribed format.
- Ability to work cross-departmentally.
- Demonstrated experience as a seasoned and effective public speaker.
- Works in an office setting and remains in a stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings.
- Performs substantial movement of wrists, hands and fingers for continuous computer work.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Bachelor's degree required.
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database applications.
- CLU, ChFC, CFP, or related industry experience is preferred.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.