Expected Travel: None
Requisition ID: 7287
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Global Operations - Global Operations is a complex and diverse organization within the company which is responsible for product fulfilment to all our customers from end to end. We pride ourselves on being totally Customer Centric in our unrelenting focus on Improving Quality, Service and Value as perceived by our customers. Our employees are dedicated to the Global Operations Enterprise Excellence journey. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
The Tooling Technician is key to ensuring that tools are available. They will coordinate the tooling & maintenance of production equipment through hands on collaboration with Manufacturing Engineering, Production Ops and Quality Assurance. Additionally, the candidate will maintain a clean, efficient, and highly organized tool crib and provide accurate compliant records for all tooling and fixtures.
• Manage the Inventory of Tools/Equipment and Fixtures, ensuring timely availability of the same to production. Coordinate assignment of asset serial numbers to tools/equipment and fixtures for audit compliance.
• Assist in maintaining a plan for every machine along with a spare parts inventory to ensure high level of OEE
• Identify, repair, or replace damaged or missing tooling.
• Establish and maintain an effective tool crib utilizing 5S and PFET principles
• Daily interaction with operators and technicians to improve production, health, and safety metrics.
• Coordinate procurement of tooling through local and companywide service providers, ensuring timely availability and audit compliance (inspection reports, CoC, etc.)
• Responsible for identifying and working through unforeseen gaps between manufacturing drawings
and production assembly.
• Coordinate documentation through cross-functional team.
• Assist with redesigning existing machine tools to produce better product and minimize machine down time.
• Maintain tools, fixture functionality, calibration records, and safe conditions by performing frequent inspections of tools and equipment for wear, defects, or damage.
• Update standard operating procedures and train employees for the new improved tools/equipment.
• Troubleshoot with operations issues related to tooling
• Perform corrective and preventative maintenance as needed
• Work with quality document control on updating and creating proper documentation
• Maintain tooling documentation in an audit ready state
Education / Experience Requirements
• Associates degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 2 years' related experience.
• Strong experience managing spare parts and tooling
• Hands-on knowledge gained through experience with manufacturing support
• Excellent organization skills to ensure the tool crib and associated inventory management system are maintained as required.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work with cross-functional and cross-divisional teams
• Must display a positive, can-do attitude.
• MS Excel knowledge and documentation skills are preferred.
• Interprets complex drawings and sketches.
• Works well with hand tools and tool room equipment.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Attention to fine detail and craftsmanship.
• Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team
• Ability to excel in fast paced environments
• Knowledge of MS programs including email and Excel
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to maintain all critical documentation for FDA compliance.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!