Expected Travel: None
Requisition ID: 5918
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Interventional - The Interventional business unit at Teleflex offers innovative medical devices that are used to diagnose and treat coronary and peripheral vascular diseases. We place a strategic emphasis on complex coronary and peripheral interventions, vascular access, bone access, specialty biologic treatments and cardiac assist. Our current Interventional products include a broad range of clinically relevant solutions, such as our GuideLiner® and Turnpike® Catheters, AC3 Optimus™ Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump and OnControl® Powered Bone Access System. With a strong R&D footprint and pipeline, our fast-growing Interventional business unit is poised to continue the development of new technologies to serve critically ill patients for years to come. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
The Tooling & Maintenance Engineer is key to ensuring that the needed tooling and equipment are available when needed. The selected candidate will lead the tooling & maintenance of production equipment through hands-on collaboration with Manufacturing Engineering, Production Ops and Quality Assurance. Additionally, the candidate will maintain a clean, efficient and highly organized tool crib and provide accurate compliant records for all tooling and fixtures. Will be tasked with the responsibility of setting up an asset management software system.
• Manage the Inventory of Tools/Equipment and Fixtures, ensuring timely availability of the same to production. Coordinate assignment of asset serial numbers to tools/equipment and fixtures for audit compliance.
• Organize an effective Maintenance (Preventative & Breakdown) system, as well as Spare Parts inventory to ensure high level of OEE
• Establish and maintain an effective tool crib utilizing 5S and PFET principles
• Daily interaction with operators and technicians to improve production, health, and safety metrics.
• Coordinate procurement of tooling through local and companywide service providers, ensuring timely availability and audit compliance (inspection reports, CoC, etc.)
• Responsible for identifying and working through unforeseen gaps between manufacturing drawings
• and production assembly. Coordinate documentation through cross-functional team.
• Conceptualize, develop, and implement tooling and fixtures to support manufacturing Operations
• Redesign existing machine tools to produce better product and minimize machine downtime.
• Maintain tools, fixture functionality, calibration records, and safe conditions by performing frequent inspections of tools and equipment for wear, defects, or damage.
• Create and conduct DOE's and IQ/OQ/PQ protocols and reports for fixtures, manually operated
• equipment and automated equipment.
• Update standard operating procedures and train employees for the new improved tools/equipment.
Education / Experience Requirements
• 3 years' experience with bachelor's degree in engineering or a relevant discipline.
• Hands-on knowledge gained through experience with manufacturing support
• Excellent organization skills to ensure the tool crib and associated inventory management system are maintained as required.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work with cross-functional and cross-divisional teams
• Must display a positive, can-do attitude.
• Computer Knowledge, especially with current software and technology is required. Strong MS Excel knowledge is preferred. Excellent documentation skills.
• Interprets complex drawings and sketches.
• Works well with hand tools and tool room equipment.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Attention to fine detail and craftsmanship.
• Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team
• Ability to excel in fast-paced environments
• Knowledge of MS programs including email and Excel
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to maintain all critical documentation for FDA compliance.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Posted about 6 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago