Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Locate and read blueprints, job travelers, and bills of material.
- Operate machining centers and teardown of fixtures and tooling.
- Responsible for machine offsets.
- Use measuring instruments to ensure conformance of finished part to specifications.
- Responsible for upkeep of the machines - cleaning, filling oils, filling coolants, and other production maintenance upkeep.
- Responsible for burring parts, checking parts, and filling out audit sheets.
- Must be able to communicate with leaders and work well with others in a team environment.
- Must be familiar with the production goals of the department; assist in meeting those goals through the application of best practices identified by Engineering and Management.
- Work efficiently throughout the day in spite of machine downtime or other delays in production.
- Follow all safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Conformance to production and administrative procedures.
- Enhancement of existing processes.
Skills and Abilities
- High School diploma required.
- Previous relevant experience preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsProduction Environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communication effectively at any level
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities; ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Skilled in the use of measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators and optical comparators.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints to manufacture tools to engineering specifications.
- Knowledge of basic cutting tools and their function in the machining process (examples include drills, end mills, form tools, and insert tip tooling).
- Ability to reproduce sharp tools to manufacturing specifications using safe grinding practices; allowing tools to be re-introduced into machining operations.
- Ability to grind to provided prints using various materials such as carbide, hardened tool steels, cold roll and/or stainless steels.
- Machine knowledge - surface grinder, cylindrical and internal grinder, drill point grinder, tool and cutter grinder, combination drill grinder, etc.
- Technical Ability - effectively apply written/verbal instructions from procedures, documents and blueprints, etc.
- Ability to hold close tolerances to Nordson's engineering standards.
- Ability to Learn - assimilating and apply new, job related information in a timely manner
- Adaptability - maintaining effectiveness in a changing environment, assignments, responsibilities and/or priorities
- Basic Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
None - x
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.