As a member of the Manufacturing Technical Team, the Tool & Die Maker will be responsible for developing and maintaining tooling and fixturing, allowing us to meet our customers' quality and delivery demands. This includes ownership of machining processes within the manual and CNC machines, work instructions, inspection criteria and other aspects of process control. This position is located in West Chester, PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read blueprints, sketches, or computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) files
- Set up, operate, and disassemble manual, automatic, and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Turn, mill, drill, shape, and grind machine parts to specifications
- Measure, examine, and test completed products for defects
- Design and manufacture precision tools and fixtures to aid in production processing
- Produce jigs and fixtures, and gauges and other measuring devices
- Test completed tools and dies to ensure that they meet specifications
- Support small-scale rework operations on production parts by developing and performing rework processes to yield product meeting specification
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- Displays positive attitude and passion for team and company success
- Proven troubleshooting skills and analytical capability
- Demonstrated attention to high quality and productive work
- Self-starter / ability to work independently
- Idea generator / innovation starter
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer skills.
- Solid time management skills and embraces a heavy and complex workload
- Collaborates well with all levels / functions
- Excellent attendance and disciplinary track record
- High School graduation or equivalent required
- Associates Degree or higher in mechanical discipline preferred
- 3 years setup and maintenance of manual lathes/mills
- CNC mill experience a plus
- Frequent periods of standing, walking, lifting and reaching
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
This job has expired.